What's new

Should SwipeSelection work or not?

TimeTraveler7

Reaction score
I've been occasionally checking out various tweak compatibility lists in the last few days, but they often seem to exclude one another (or their data seem different from my experience)... last time I checked, SwipeSelection was supposed to work on a jailbroken iOS 7.0.4. It's a great keyboard tweak, but it doesn't work properly on my iPhone. I've encountered two issues:

- it doesn't work throughout the system (I can live with that for a while);
- where it does work, the backspace/delete button tends to remove two characters at once (this takes some getting used to...).

On iOS 6, it works without any issues.

Does anyone have similar or different experience with this tweak on 7?

It's a bug with SwipeSelection. There was a community modded version of SwipeSelection hosted a few days ago. Best way to resolve the issue is to contact the developer and bring the issue to their attention

I see the tweak's Report Bugs section in Cydia already has it. The developer says he'll fix it when he gets on 7.

I've been occasionally checking out various tweak compatibility lists in the last few days, but they often seem to exclude one another (or their data seem different from my experience)... last time I checked, SwipeSelection was supposed to work on a jailbroken iOS 7.0.4. It's a great keyboard tweak, but it doesn't work properly on my iPhone. I've encountered two issues:

- it doesn't work throughout the system (I can live with that for a while);
- where it does work, the backspace/delete button tends to remove two characters at once (this takes some getting used to...).

On iOS 6, it works without any issues.

Does anyone have similar or different experience with this tweak on 7?

Have iPhone 4 with iOS7 and jailbreak. The older version of swipe selection had the problem. Just got version 1.4.1-1 and the 2 character delete has been sorted. At least on the iPhone 4.

True, I installed it as soon as it got out. However, it still doesn't work throughout the system in all text boxes (I'm fairly certain it worked in all parts of iOS6). But it's a great addon where it does work.