What's new

IOS 7.0.4 Downgrade

egobuster1

Reaction score
Ive been looking around on the internet and I'm in desperate need of being able to downgrade from 7.0.4 back to 7.0.3 because my battery life is so bad my phone is almost useless as it only last a couple hours.

ive downloaded the IOS 7.0.3 IPSW file and I've done the hold option + check for update and select it and its says my phone is not edible for this upgrade or something. I even tried DFU mode and holding option + Restore and i get the same issue. everywhere I've read says it should work I'm just not sure whats going on here.

There are no known battery issues between any of the iOS 7 delta fixes. Even if downgrading was possible, you wouldn't see any difference in the battery life. Tweaking your Settings.app preferences can slightly improve your battery life.

Downgrading requires SHSH blobs and valid APTickets to do so, and only the iPhone 4 can be downgraded from iOS 7.X to any other iOS, including another version of iOS 7, and even then, there are no refined methods of custom restoration of iOS for iOS 7 that works as flawlessly as iOS 6 and below. This explains why you cannot downgrade from iOS 7 on any other device.

o there are some known issues with iOS 7.0.4, even the genius at the apple store said they have seen a huge increase in people complaining of battery life issues with 7.0.4.
just a quick google search will turn up tons and tons of people with the same issues or even worse.

Battery life is never an issue. New mobile firmwares will demand more resources to keep active because of API changes. That's the drawback of any mobile OS. The reason people complain about battery life is because they expect each and every OS to be identical in functionality as the last. People have been complaining about battery life issues since iOS 6. Apple again and again claims that they'll work on battery life issues. That was back in November 2012.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa