What's new

Songs became "other" after updating to ios 7.0.3

bknewtype

Reaction score
so lets retrace all the steps:

last night before updating to ios 7.0.3, i backed up my phone. all went well. i downloaded the new firmware and attempted to install it. it gave me an error or something. phone restarted and it said i had to restore the phone. thats fine. so i restored it and it updated to 7.0.3. i chose to restore it from a backup. after 1 hour, the phone worked. internet worked. apps worked. ok i went to sleep.

this morning on my way to work, i noticed none of my songs were synced. came home plugged in my iphone, clicked to sync my music play list. however, it gave me the error saying that i had no space left ( 2 gigs over ). this is wrong because before i updated to 7.0.3 i had about 3 gigs of space left, WITH the songs synced. ok so i checked the summary screen, and long and behold, my "other" went from normally 1-2 gigs to a whopping 9 gigs. i believe this is where all my songs went.

i am currently doing a restore but i have a feeling it wont help since the backup im restoring from had my songs as other. anyone have any ideas how i can remedy this?

thanks in advance.

See if you can extract the songs out of your backup, then manually sync them over.

If it does happen again, where your songs are in the Others category, see if iTunes recognizes the songs on the device by checking out whether they'll play or not, and whether they're in black coloring, or in a faded grey coloring.

Restore again...and this time setup as new. All problems gone. You won't lose contacts. You'll lose messages tho. You'll only lose photos that are not in iCloud.

Literally *all* problems can be solved by restoring and setting up as new instead of restoring from a backup...which is the number one cause of software bugs in iOS.