What's new

Should i jailbreal iphone 4 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintdawson

Reaction score
Was wondering if I should jailbreak 5.1 on iPhone 4 cause of the tethered part and when is the untethered coming out and if I decide to jailbreak tethered is there a way to change it to untethered with out restoring

Nobody knows when the untethered jailbreak will be out, because of that we also do not know if tethered jailbreakers will need to restore to perform an untethered jailbreak when it is released(although in the past that has not been the case).

Basically, it comes down to whether or not you want to jailbreak and live with the tethered jailbreak or not.

Are most the apps needin to reboot my phone or are most of them respring

It depends on the app, if the app modifies system files or the way that system files function, you will need to reboot. If all it does is install an application, you just need to respring.

Ty so much am my last question is if I restore my phone from a jailbreak and I break it after I restore it from the jailbreak will apple fix it or is there a way apple can find out that I jailbroke my phone

saintdawson said:
Ty so much am my last question is if I restore my phone from a jailbreak and I break it after I restore it from the jailbreak will apple fix it or is there a way apple can find out that I jailbroke my phone

If you take a jailbroken iPhone to an Apple Store for service they will know it was jailbroken and deny you service (unless you happen to et a really nice Genus. Which can happens, but rare).

Even if you have absolutely nothing installed, and Cydia hidden,....as soon and they plug that phone into there Mac's the face toward them and. It you....they can see whether or not it's Jailbroken by the change directories.

Jailbreaking moves certain directories to different Places to make room for a couple directories to store dylibs from downloaded packages.

So they can see that I jailbroken my phone in the past even if I restore to factoring setting after if I didn't want the jailbreak anymore they will still deny me

saintdawson said:
So they can see that I jailbroken my phone in the past even if I restore to factoring setting after if I didn't want the jailbreak anymore they will still deny me

If you tell them you jailbroke, yeah. Just don't tell them. Simple.

Restore to stock apple software, take it to Apple store, and they will never know.........as long as you don't tell them you jailbroke.

Tysm that was my biggest consern cause I'm still on contract well I'm out of this thread

Moderators are indicated by the "moderator" title under their username, I think the OP was just saying that it is ok to close the thread now that his question has been answered. So with that, thread closed! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.