What's new

Several Questions About The Iphone 7

I replied wrong......I can type in the white space but it's the gray area between the white space and the keyboard.

I wonder why your phone has the 100 percent charging indicator and I just have the battery pic. The percentage is a nice extra to see. You have a better idea of what you have remaining ......no guessing.
Go to Settings>Battery>Battery Percentage and turn the switch on. Now the battery percentage remaining will show.

Do you want the signatures for this forum, or for your emails? The grey area between Signature and keyboard doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Please Dallasfan don't get wrong, you have only had your iPhone a wee while, don't you think your trying to learn too much in a very short space of time.
Or maybe it's just me [emoji38]

Do you want the signatures for this forum, or for your emails? The grey area between Signature and keyboard doesn't matter.

I was trying to do it for both really, but generally email.

But, if I can do one I can do the other.

I found this video on youtube last night and I did exactly what this guy did. Even the settings he shows on his Mail are identical to mine.

But it still doesn't work.

It has to be something simple....something has to be shut off or turned on.

Thanks for your help.

Please Dallasfan don't get wrong, you have only had your iPhone a wee while, don't you think your trying to learn too much in a very short space of time.
Or maybe it's just me [emoji38]

Nahhhh, I am just trying to get it set up .
When I see others doing it, and I can't it makes me want to know why and figure it it out.
It's like a problem that needs to be solved.

I watched several videos on youtube but none of them cover my problems or they cover an older phone with a different IOS.

A lot of them are similar to each other. I don't need to watch a video with some guy removing the phone from the box and telling me this is the USB cable.

But this is certainly a helpful forum.

The video shows exactly what I described before. I can't imagine at the moment which problem you're facing.

Could you please post a screenshot, or describe exactly what's happening when you try changing or entering your signature on the iPhone?

You already have a signature for this forum, and I've noticed that you've also changed it a bit. :)

In reply to a question you've posted before (sorry, I didn't see it):

I'm using a UK keyboard (QWERTZ), that's why it's showing British Pound on my screenshot. So you're right, it's the £ sign you're seeing there.

My keyboard shows a globe, because I've set up another keyboard, in addition to Emoji and the usual one. When I tap the globe, they all are visible, so that I can choose which one to use.
IMG_9903.jpg

If there are just two keyboards set up on your iPhone, the one you're not using at the moment will be visible there.

To get the email signing "Sent From My IPhone" do :
On the iPhone, open Settings and scroll down to Mail. Open that. Then scroll down to the Composing section.. about the 4th one down should be signature. Click on that and choose the option you want.

In reply to a question you've posted before (sorry, I didn't see it):

I'm using a UK keyboard (QWERTZ), that's why it's showing British Pound on my screenshot. So you're right, it's the £ sign you're seeing there.

My keyboard shows a globe, because I've set up another keyboard, in addition to Emoji and the usual one. When I tap the globe, they all are visible, so that I can choose which one to use.
View attachment 29600
If there are just two keyboards set up on your iPhone, the one you're not using at the moment will be visible there.

Thanks, I was just curious.

I spent a few days in Austria several years ago
It was quite pretty
I never made it to Vienna though........

Last edited:
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG
The video shows exactly what I described before. I can't imagine at the moment which problem you're facing.

Could you please post a screenshot, or describe exactly what's happening when you try changing or entering your signature on the iPhone?

You already have a signature for this forum, and I've noticed that you've also changed it a bit. :)

These are my screenshots
I don't see an option to select

These are the first photos I have loaded with my phone.

I am patting myself on the back for not screwing it up

'Sent from my phone with no signature block '

View attachment 29611 View attachment 29610

These are my screenshots

That was great, and without an explanation how to do it. :)

You do have a signature. It's "Sent from my Silver iPhone". Would you like to add something else?

View attachment 29611 View attachment 29610

These are my screenshots

Tap on the signature at the bottom of the screen shown in your first screenshot and you can then edit it on the next screen.