What's new

Several Questions

Ronpfid

Reaction score
I posted this first question, I think in the wrong forum (in the 5 forum, maybe mod could remove that thread?) but now have a few more questions :)

1) Question for you guys who have an Iphone 5/s/c on verizon and use visual voicemail.

Quick explanation: With my current phones (non apple), I use the 'reply to voicemail with a voicemail" option a lot. After you listen to a voicemail, you just hit the 8 key, then you can record a voicemail and it sends it right back to the person. With an iphone on verizon, it makes you use apple's voicemail which doesn't have that option to 'reply to a voicemail with a voicemail', but, I see verizon lists that as an option with visual voicemail so thinking maybe I could with visual voicemail.

Question: so for you guys with an Iphone 5c for example and visual voicemail, can you actually click and 'reply to a voicemail with a voicemail'?

2) Question for ppl with both an iphone and an ipad

I have an ipad, it looks like not only could I sync an iphone with my ipad for pictures and stuff but also with apps and email?

So the main question, lets say you have the same email account on both an ipad and an iphone and you have them syncing, if you delete emails on one device, can you set it to also delete them on the other automatically?
that way you don't have to go through both devices getting rid of the junk

3) icloud with windows PC

I have Vista on my PC so can't have icloud on it (it says minimum is windows 7), but is there a way to like go online or anything and see icloud content? Like if I had an iphone and my photos were synced to icloud, can I go to some website and see the photos from my pc?

4) Notifications

Lets say your iphone is laying on the table and an email comes in, can you have it set to light up, vibrate and show a preview on the screen so all you have to do is look at the phone when you hear it vibrate and see the notification?

Thanks folks!

Last edited:
Welcome to IPF and enjoy your new phone. I suggest several things. You can download the iPhone manual from the iTunes bookstore and that will answer many questions for you such as your #4. You can set your notifications in the notification center on the phone. The only lit notification is the camera flash on the back of the phone.

I don't use visual voicemail, but these may be questions for the carrier as well.

If you email service is IMAP your emails will populate and delete on both iPhone and iPad. You can sync your photos over Photo Stream

You can have an earlier version of iCloud on Vista...visit Apple Support to download

I will delete your other thread on the VVM as we do not allow duplicate threads. It fragments posts and makes it hard for our members to follow. Please read the forum rules from the link in my signature. Thanks and Wecome!

Thanks for the info!
I don't have an iphone yet, these are just some 'needs' I have so wanted to check on them before ordering :)
Thanks, I did see the duplicate rule, thanks for deleting my other thread :)

I didn't see that there was a vista version, I will go find that now, thanks! Be great at least for my ipad :)
I'll ask Verizon about the visual voicemail reply.

So on the notifications, the screen itself doesn't 'light up' when an email or text comes in then, you have to 'wake it up' to see the notification?

There are several options for notifications and they will show up on the lock screen if you want them to. You may want to find a friend with an iPhone or head down to Verizon and they will be happy to show you these options to see if the phone will work for you. I love mine!

PS. If you have an iPad, you should be able to play around with the notification center on it. You can send and receive iMessages to see the different options for notifcations. And you can download the iPhone manual as well.

There are several options for notifications and they will show up on the lock screen if you want them to. You may want to find a friend with an iPhone or head down to Verizon and they will be happy to show you these options to see if the phone will work for you. I love mine!

PS. If you have an iPad, you should be able to play around with the notification center on it. You can send and receive iMessages to see the different options for notifcations. And you can download the iPhone manual as well.

Oh so it would be the same as my iPad? Cool I'll just mess with it, thanks!