What's new

Several Questions About The Iphone 7

The iTunes Store is the place where you can get music, movies, ... There's an app on your iPhone called iTunes Store.

What you need, is iTunes. That's software you'll have to download and install on your computer. For more information, and a link to the site where you can download it, see this: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

The update of an app will be complete, when you see OPEN next to it. When Pages, Numbers and Keynotes need an update, it usually takes quite a bit of time until it's finished. Just make sure you have a good internet connection. Apps will continue updating, once the process has started, when you leave the App Store app. You don't have to watch the update process, it's possible to use apps that are not updating, in the meantime.

Last edited:
The iTunes Store is the place where you can get music, movies, ... There's an app on your iPhone called iTunes Store.

What you need, is iTunes. That's software you'll have to download and install on your computer. For more information, and a link to the site where you can download it, see this: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

I don't see one for iPhones on the link, only for pc and macs.

Is the one for macs the one I use?

It just seems there should be one for IOS which i did not find.

Heck, it seems like it should standard and preloaded.

Thanks

The only iTunes available for any iOS device is the iTunes Store app that comes pre-loaded as part of iOS.

The iTunes available for Macs and Windows computers contains the iTunes Store but it's also used to manage your iTunes library and sync with iOS devices and older iPods. It's also used for backing up, updating, and restoring iOS devices and older iPods. The version of iTunes you use on your computer depends on what type of computer you have. Just download the one that's compatible with your computers operating system.

The only iTunes available for any iOS device is the iTunes Store app that comes pre-loaded as part of iOS.

The iTunes available for Macs and Windows computers contains the iTunes Store but it's also used to manage your iTunes library and sync with iOS devices and older iPods. It's also used for backing up, updating, and restoring iOS devices and older iPods. The version of iTunes you use on your computer depends on what type of computer you have. Just download the one that's compatible with your computers operating system.

Thanks, I guess I was looking for something that was not there.

New iPhone owner here....lots to learn

That's what we're here for, to help your get the answers and solutions to your questions and problems.

Downloading iTunes now.......

Just wondering .....when I posted the previous comment it was from my iPhone.
This is from my PC.

How come when I posted the previous comment it did not say ....posted from my Iphone etc.....like many posters / iPhone users do? Blackberry used to have the same reply.

I was just wondering if it could be changed to say something like ....Have a nice day.

There's your trouble, right there. You're polluting your new handset with insulting wingnut garbage. No wonder it doesn't respond.

Drudge?........It only collates the major news links........it doesn't write news stories itself.

But it must be doing something right, because it is constantly ranks among the top websites in the country every month.

I downloaded iTunes to my PC.

I opened it and found the cellphone icon

I backed up my iPhone to the cloud.

I looked to the left and saw all the entries to display my downloads.

They were empty because I have not downloaded anything there.

The items on my PC are in Documents.

I tried to right click and send them to my iPhone but there was no option.

Under iTunes it has my device with all the data.

It lists summary, music, apps, movies etc.....

But no option to download from Documents on my PC.

I feel like I am half way there .

What else should I try?

This was my reference...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Last edited:
Drudge?........It only collates the major news links........it doesn't write news stories itself.

But it must be doing something right, because it is constantly ranks among the top websites in the country every month.

If collects garbage for them who feed on it, and there is a principle called <i>argumentum ad populum</i> which refers to the falacy that truth is dependent on the number of believers, such as the crazed notion that a demented demagogue is a fit leader of the most powerful nation on earth. This will suddenly be disproved and such as Drudge will scramble for an alibi to justify their homemade disaster.

What are the filetypes that you want to move onto the phone?

It is an MP3.

I called Apple a little while ago and the customer service representative helped me through my problem when she 'took over' my PC from her end.

All I had to do was open the file and drag everything in Documents to the Music file in iTunes.

Too easy. I think I tried everything else but that ......

----

I asked her about the new Ipods.......she did not know their range. She looked in her reference manual but she did not find anything there.

-----------
Can you help with these though? I forgot to ask her about them.

I posted a comment from my iPhone previously, even though this is from my PC.

How come when I posted the previous comment it did not say ....posted from my Iphone etc.....like many posters / iPhone users do? Blackberry used to have the same reply.

I was just wondering if it could be changed to say something like ....Have a nice day.

But I checked all the settings (many of them anyhow ) and did not see a setting, default or otherwise; that says......posted from my iPhone or a way to change your greeting.

-----------

How do you rearrange the contacts on your phone?

For instance, I have one for TMobile bill which is #225# . But I want to listed under T for TMobile not B for bill.

And TD Ameritrade is at the bottom under the #. Not under the T's where I want it.

How do I move them ?

----

If you flip up from the bottom you get the flashlight. It's pretty bright and does it's job well. I like to use it in dimly lit restaurants to see the menu. It's easy to get to by flipping up from the bottom but is there a way I can create an app/shortcut on the first page so I don't have to flip up? I am lazy that way..........lol.

If collects garbage for them who feed on it, and there is a principle called <i>argumentum ad populum</i> which refers to the falacy that truth is dependent on the number of believers, such as the crazed notion that a demented demagogue is a fit leader of the most powerful nation on earth. This will suddenly be disproved and such as Drudge will scramble for an alibi to justify their homemade disaster.
Give it a rest, chief. Just because someone doesn't have your opinions does not mean they are lucifer. Go to general discussion if you want to debate.

Re: mp3. Yes, it is as simple as that. It starts getting complicated if you try to put file on your phone that is not handled by a specific app, such as .flac. (I should have asked you for the file extension, not the file type.)

Range of iPods? Not sure what you mean. BlueTooth? If so, about 30 feet.

Posted from my iPhone is found in Settings/Mail/signatures and can be changed to whatever you want.I believe that apps such as Tapatalk that some members use for posting to forums have a similar signature facility. I use Safari, and use the forum's own signature facility, although that appears to have turned itself off for some reason. EDIT: Hmmm, my signature's back. I'll have to look into that.

IMG_8146.PNG

To alphebeticize entries like TD Ameritrade, change the Contact details from First Name/Last Name to Company, leaving the name fields blank.