What's new

Several Questions About The Iphone 7

Re: mp3. Yes, it is as simple as that. It starts getting complicated if you try to put file on your phone that is not handled by a specific app, such as .flac. (I should have asked you for the file extension, not the file type.)

Range of iPods? Not sure what you mean. BlueTooth? If so, about 30 feet.

Posted from my iPhone is found in Settings/Mail/signatures and can be changed to whatever you want.I believe that apps such as Tapatalk that some members use for posting to forums have a similar signature facility. I use Safari, and use the forum's own signature facility, although that appears to have turned itself off for some reason. EDIT: Hmmm, my signature's back. I'll have to look into that.

To alphabetize entries like TD Ameritrade, change the Contact details from First Name/Last Name to Company, leaving the name fields blank.

Someone made an earlier comment about the range of the new earbuds but when I asked the customer service clerk she did not know. She said it might be 150 feet or so......but.......I think she was just making an honest effort at a wild guess.

I learned how to edit contacts but not the way I wanted. For instance, if I listed DR. Smith.........it would be under Smith and not D for Doctor. So I had to play with the address lines of each entry until it was recognized.

And when I listed the Apple Help line and the number they both showed up on the address line .....so I had to move the phone number lower.

Yellow Cab was under C instead of Y but I deleted a space, made it 1 word and voila'....it moved to Y where I wanted it.

TD Ameritrade was listed under A instead of T but I solved that by inserting a hyphen.

I thought I was going to be able to click on edit and move an entry under A to T or something easy like that.

It all worked out though.

I am slowly getting there.

Thanks for everyone's help here.

Last edited:
Dallasfan if you check your PM's l sent you a suggestion for an app called Flashlight ages ago.
The other way to reduce the intensity of the light is to hold your finger on the torch and you will get 3 options, with luck.

Dallasfan if you check your PM's l sent you a suggestion for an app called Flashlight ages ago.
The other way to reduce the intensity of the light is to hold your finger on the torch and you will get 3 options, with luck.

Thanks, I found it. I saw it after you sent it to me earlier but it slipped my mind that it was there.
I downloaded it this evening and it works just fine. I appreciate the tip.

Re: mp3. Yes, it is as simple as that. It starts getting complicated if you try to put file on your phone that is not handled by a specific app, such as .flac. (I should have asked you for the file extension, not the file type.)

Posted from my iPhone is found in Settings/Mail/signatures and can be changed to whatever you want.I believe that apps such as Tapatalk that some members use for posting to forums have a similar signature facility. I use Safari, and use the forum's own signature facility, although that appears to have turned itself off for some reason. EDIT: Hmmm, my signature's back. I'll have to look into that.

To alphebeticize entries like TD Ameritrade, change the Contact details from First Name/Last Name to Company, leaving the name fields blank.

Thanks, I'll play around with it and come up with something like Have a nice day or Happy New Year.
I wonder what percentage of Iphone users leave the default greeting on, delete it or come up with something original?

I often see 'sent from my Iphone', but you don't often see anything personal.

I feel more confident with this thing now that I have had it a week. I am surprised at how useful it is. It is far superior to my old Nexus5. Now I know why so many Iphone owners brag about their phones. You certainly don't hear that from Nexus, Pixel and Samsung people. I made a wise decision..........:)

I was reading a few weeks ago that the "sent from my iPhone" message is quite fashionable, because it informs your contacts that they might expect an email that is not quite as polished as one that you send from a PC.

For a while, the default message was looked upon as somewhat elitist in certain quarters. Of course, now everyone and his dog have iPhones, that is a difficult charge to make stick.

Downloading iTunes now.......

Just wondering .....when I posted the previous comment it was from my iPhone.
This is from my PC.

How come when I posted the previous comment it did not say ....posted from my Iphone etc.....like many posters / iPhone users do? Blackberry used to have the same reply.

I was just wondering if it could be changed to say something like ....Have a nice day.
iPhone has that option for email, under Settings>Mail. Also, for posts on this forum, I believe you can set your profile here to do what you want.

In Settings>Contacts, you can tell the IPhone how you want Contacts displayed.

In Settings>Contacts, you can tell the IPhone how you want Contacts displayed.

Thanks. I found that earlier but it gives you the option of sorting them by last name first or first name last etc......
I was trying to move them alphabetically and sort them from the numbers. I figured out the little nuances and sorted it out.

Might be a good idea in here - what is your e-mail signature?

Although I have different sigs on each device and again for work

Might be a good idea in here - what is your e-mail signature?

Although I have different sigs on each device and again for work

For work it is my name and position.

------

I tried to change the signature on my Iphone as instructed here.

I went to settings/ mail / signature

And I left it, posted something here and didn't see anything.

So I went online and one link told me to tap the home button to enter it.

I did that and it didn't work.

I went to another site and it suggested I type in the new signature and hit the email arrow in the upper left corner.

I did that and that didn't work either.

I even read one link that told me to 'shake it'.

I am assuming that those recommendations were for an older software version.

Dunno..

So far nothing has worked for me.

"Sent from my PC"

Settings - Mail - Signature is right. Select Signature. You'll find "All Accounts" and "Per Account" there. If you select All Accounts, there'll be just one field where you can enter your signature, and this signature will be visible in every email, from every account, sent from your iPhone's Mail app. If you choose Per Account, you'll get a signature field for every account set up in Mail:
IMG_9898.jpg

So every account will show a different signature - or none, if you leave this blank.

Settings - Mail - Signature is right. Select Signature. You'll find "All Accounts" and "Per Account" there. If you select All Accounts, there'll be just one field where you can enter your signature, and this signature will be visible in every email, from every account, sent from your iPhone's Mail app. If you choose Per Account, you'll get a signature field for every account set up in Mail:

So every account will show a different signature - or none, if you leave this blank.

I went to Settings / Mail / Signature but my results look different from yours.

When I go to Mail, if I scroll to the bottom I see Composing:

Always Bcc
Mark Addresses
Increase Quote Level
Signature

When I click on Signature I get the same header as yourself with Signature, Mail , Time etc.

Below I have a white header with my signature.

But All Accounts, Per Account and iCloud are missing.

If I tap the screen I get the keyboard but there is nothing between the keyboard and the signature.

If I backspace to Mail I can see Accounts, Gmail.... but nothing that looks like your pic.

I can find icloud under accounts , gmail, but nothing like your pic.

What am I doing wrong or missing ?

Regarding your keyboard.....What is the 'L/E ' looking symbol next to the parentheses and the ampersand......is that the Euro Symbol. It looks like the British Pound.

On the bottom left next to the ABC there is a globe/ world symbol. Is that your symbol for emojis and smileys? I have a smiley face for them there.

Just wondering ...thanks.

Last edited:
If there's just one account set up on your iPhone, it will look like this in Signature:
IMG_9899.jpg

When you tap inside the white space, the keyboard will appear, and a cursor inside the white area, and you can enter your signature.
IMG_9900.jpg

I replied wrong......I can type in the white space but it's the gray area between the white space and the keyboard.

I wonder why your phone has the 100 percent charging indicator and I just have the battery pic. The percentage is a nice extra to see. You have a better idea of what you have remaining ......no guessing.

I do appreciate all the trouble you have gone to, posting screen pics etc...

Last edited: