What's new

Settings notification

Cremon

Reaction score
Folks,
Ok, I know this will make me sound like such a n00b but here goes the description of my issue. There is a little red circle with a number in it (like you'd get for text message or email notifocations) on my settings icon. It's just a number "1". I have been through all my settings submenus as far as I can tell and I can't get the little number to go away. I know it's a notification. I would like to acknowledge it and get it dismissed. It's not that big a deal I know but I am conditioned to respond to such things and would like to make it go away. is there some quick way to go to the notification itself without having to explore every system menu my iPhone has?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Don

Not seen this before, suppose it could be to tell you your software needs upgrading ??

Thanks for the responses. I did check just now and it says "This version of the iPhone software (5.0.1) is the current version" when I plug it into my mac and check for updates.

Worst case is I may need to take it to a genius bar. I hate to go there for something like this though.