What's new

Settings app missing

saintdawson

Reaction score
Help my setting app is missing from my springboard on my iPhone 3GS it's jail broken I can't find it help please

just search for the settings app with spotlight or you can reset your homescreen layout.

settings,general,reset,reset home screen layout.

I don't have it in spot light search and like I said I don't have settings app so I can't do the reset home screen

just search for the settings app with spotlight or you can reset your homescreen layout.

settings,general,reset,reset home screen layout.

His problem ATM is that he removed siriport, and the settings.app is removed since its part of the springboard.plist, which is unique to instance. By replacing it with one off the net, you get the basic springboard back but none of the specifics

Sounds like the easiest solution would be to just back up your iPhone in itunes and do a DFU restore and rejailbreak your iPhone and install siri again. Siriport for iOS 6 is still in Beta stages so I would not recommend using it. Just my opinion. Do what makes you happy!

Using siriport isn't recommended at all IMHO. If it's not designed for your iPhone, don't force it onto it

Can I use my back up after I restored my iPhone to retrieve my contacts

If the OP wants siri on his iPhone it's his choice. You are true in saying it shouldn't be used in an iPhone that doesn't natively support Siri because the hardware is not built for it, but again its the OP's choice.

I'm using my back of my iPhone right before I restored now I'm using it is anything bad going to happen

If you restored to factory settings (no jailbreak) you shouldn't have any issues. Sometimes there are a few issues but nothing that can't be solved with a simple restore. Unless its hardware related.

Nothing should be wrong with it now unless you get a hiccup during the restore process, which rarely happens. A missing settings.app isn't a big deal. I once fooled around with my old iPhone's root, and accidentally deleted my settings.app and my phone.app. Restored, fully functional until it got replaced with my 4S