What's new

Setting up new phone?

SheerLuckiPhone

Reaction score
I am upgrading from my iPhone 4 to a iPhone 4S I bought. It is suppose to be delivered to me today.

Can I put my Sim Card from 4 into 4S and activate the 4S wirelessly through iCloud or do I need to wait until I get home to hook up the 4S into my iMac and set up the 4S through iTunes?

That depends on if you use iTunes or iCloud to back up your current iPhone? If you use iTunes to do the back, then you have to do the restore thru iTunes. If you use iCloud, you can do it anywhere. But remember, if you are not on an unlimited data plan, you will want to make sure you are on WiFi before doing the iCloud restore.

Working well. On wifi, battery is charging pretty fast, I think faster than my 4. Setup went pretty quickly from iCloud. Now the apps are loading, this is taking awhile, LOL!

It can take a while to do an iCloud restore. Especially if your WiFi is slower than 5 mbits. But the good news is, once it is done you have the same exact software on your knew phone as you did on your old. So you should feel right at home.