What's new

Iphone sim card transfering

ryan2l

Reaction score
Currently I have a Iphone 4 and the wife has a Iphone 3gs. Her line is the one eligible for the upgrade.

I would like to upgrade to a 4s and give her my 4.

Can I pre-order the 4s online under her number. Then when it gets here put my sim card in the 4s and the sim card out of it in my 4.

I know this can be done at the store, just not sure if I can do it or not at home with out special programming stuff?

Thanks

ryan2l said:
Currently I have a Iphone 4 and the wife has a Iphone 3gs. Her line is the one eligible for the upgrade.

I would like to upgrade to a 4s and give her my 4.

Can I pre-order the 4s online under her number. Then when it gets here put my sim card in the 4s and the sim card out of it in my 4.

I know this can be done at the store, just not sure if I can do it or not at home with out special programming stuff?

Thanks

You'll be able to do that if you two have the same network. AT&T I'm hoping.

Last edited:
You'll be able to do that if you two have the same network. AT&T I'm hoping.

Yes we are both on AT&T.

Another question. My friend is in the same situation excepts his in a 3GS which I believe is a different sim card so he will probably have to go to the store and have them program a micro sim card?

Going through the pre-order online there is no place to keep my unlimited data. It is trying to make me pick a non-unlimited plan. Guess i won't be pre-ordering online.

Edit: Some tech blogs are saying its just a bug on att's site, if you go through apple.com you can pick to keep it.

Last edited:
ryan2l said:
Yes we are both on AT&T.

Another question. My friend is in the same situation excepts his in a 3GS which I believe is a different sim card so he will probably have to go to the store and have them program a micro sim card?

You're right or he just cut the sim card with a sim card cutter but it's no problem just going into AT&T and asking for a micro sim but if he's also getting the 4s it will come with a micro. Good luck to you both. 😃

ryan2l said:
Yes we are both on AT&T.

You're correct. If you're friend is updating to the 4s a micro aim will be provided.