What's new

Security Cameras & iPhone

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I have been thinking about investing in a couple of security cameras for outside my house--one for the alley and one for the back drive. I do not worry too much about the front drive because there is enough traffic and enough people home around here to make most miscreants think twice about coming into the front drive. I fear my alley and back drive are vulnerable, though.

I have looked at some security cameras on Amazon--cost is at least as much as my new iphone. I have no real clue how they work, but I believe they are supposed to be connected in such a way that you have internet and mobile phone access to what is going on through them outside. Does anyone use anything like this? Probably not, but I thought I would ask. I cannot afford to invest before I pay off this phone, but I think it would be worth doing in another year or so. Police cannot do much to help after the fact, so me thinks deterrence is the best idea.

Thanks!

My boss has some outdoor cameras that work well. Made by Arlo. I think that is the name of the company. They are WiFi cameras and he can watch them from his iPad, iPhone and I believe even his TV set. Cost is about $180 at Walmart for a 2 camera setup. Not bad price wise and they have a good picture as well. Hope this helps and hope all is well!! Have a great evening.

Thank you, 933! I think Arlo was the name brand I was leaning toward on Amazon! The ones on Amazon cost a lot more than $180, though. I will check Walmart's price. I have a good handyman who probably can install them for me, but I have to factor him into the total cost, too. He only charges $50 an hour, but he has a two hour minimum. That was what I heard, though, that you can watch both on-line and on your mobile what the cameras pick up outside. My neighbourhood has been going downhill. I worry what it will be like in another ten years.

Have a good week, 933. :)