Better security for Apple products

Discussion in 'iPhone 5 Accessories' started by 40thsampson, Jan 20, 2013.

1. 40thsampson

40thsampson New Member

I have lost two iPads But lucky not to lose iPhone. I would like to see Much better secure system. Putting on a password on the product getting. App. Fine. My. Device. Surely not enough. To help get back your product that. Was stolen There has to be better solutions for getting back product once it has. Cvvvv

2. Thomasjtsi

Thomasjtsi Well-Known Member

So what are we looking for here? Do we want Apple to make our iDevices un-stealable and un-loseable? Theft protection & theft recovery is, an should be IMO, the end users responsibility.

Apple does, however, give us tools like Find My iPhone to use if our iDevices are stolen or lost.

3. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

There's always going to be a fine line which a company must walk when deciding on a security scheme for a device. One on hand you have the need for security. On the other hand you have the need for usability. If you heighten security then usability usually suffers. Likewise, if you heighten usability, then security usually suffers. A delicate balance must be found between the two during planning and construction of new devices.

4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Find my iPhone also gives you the ability to remotely wipe your device, to prevent any unauthorized access to the contents of your iPad.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator