What's new

Screen protectors

TBaGZ

Reaction score
Can't these damn things on without bubbles to save my life... I have the screen spotless before I put them on and still end up with lint or something under them. either that or it is a little crooked and the edge doesn't seat right..... Anybody have any tips?

when your going to put one on make sure their is no kind of air movement in that room and do it on a clean work area.

when i put mine on i usually clean off my desk really good then turn off the ceiling fan and make sure the air conditioner has been off for a good 30 min with the door to that room closed. This is to let any dust or lint that might be in the air settle. I also use ZAGG screen protectors so if you put it on and see something under it you can take it right off wash it in the sink to get anything off then start the process over.

ya i know it might be excessive but im kinda OCD when it comes to bubbles.

You can lift it back up with scotch tape. Then, using a loop of tape, remove the offending particle from either the screen protector's sticky side or the screen itself. Repeat until you get tired of doing it... I usually quit when I find I'm introducing more specks than I'm removing ;)

TBaGZ said:
Can't these damn things on without bubbles to save my life... I have the screen spotless before I put them on and still end up with lint or something under them. either that or it is a little crooked and the edge doesn't seat right..... Anybody have any tips?

There are several how to demo video's on YouTube, and using some pure alcohol ti remove grease, on a good micro fibre clothe to clean with 1st and a lot of patience is essential.

Aligning is a pain, I have a square plastic box, I push the device into a corner, makes it easier place the screen protector square with the device before attaching.

Remove the 1st covering only about half way, this allows you to hold it without finger prints, the lowering, one end Push out bubbles best you can as you lay the film, pulling the remainder if the covering away as you go, then smooth the rest out using stiff cardboard or a credit card from middle to edge.

Only when satisfied about the bubbles remove the other covering

There is also a bubble free screen protector made which adheres to the border, just 'plops' on bit like a tax disk holder. Makers claim it can even be removed and washed and put back on and still adheres.

I've heard that some people install their screen film in their bathroom. I guess after a shower the moisture in the air grabs hold of the airborne dust and hairs so they fall out of the air. I have not tried it, but it does make sense.

Good luck,
bc

Has anyone tried misting it with windex and putting it on wet like window tint?

I've heard that some people install their screen film in their bathroom. I guess after a shower the moisture in the air grabs hold of the airborne dust and hairs so they fall out of the air. I have not tried it, but it does make sense.

Good luck,
bc

I use this method exclusively and it always works perfectly. Nice and easy :)

Take care,
Rob

With the new glass on the 4s that is supposed to be fingerprint resistant, I'm undecided if I should use a screen protector. Thoughts?

I would to, but already had my yearly bath! ��

Some use water on a damp cloth with a small amount of hand soap applied on a cloth, like I said many vids on YouTube.

I have used Phantom Skinz on all my phones and kids phones. They are a wet application, zero bubbles, easy installation and last a long time. Best part is that you can't tell its even on the phone, except of course zero scratches.

Bourbon City said:

Good luck,
bc

Yes. That is the exact way I have been putting on my screen shields. I also let the fan run for a couple of minutes for good measure.

SGP makes the screen shields that I prefer to use.

I hate the feel of screen protectors, anyone else? My last 3 phones i have not used one, and have had zero scratchs on the glass. My Evo, Evo 3D and now my 4s are all naked, the plastic feeling just takes a lot away. Do people have a lot of issues scratching there glass? I just keep my phone in a empty pocket, but other then that i don't really go out of my way to make sure its not scratched.

I hate the feel of screen protectors, anyone else? My last 3 phones i have not used one, and have had zero scratchs on the glass. My Evo, Evo 3D and now my 4s are all naked, the plastic feeling just takes a lot away. Do people have a lot of issues scratching there glass? I just keep my phone in a empty pocket, but other then that i don't really go out of my way to make sure its not scratched.

i would love to not run a screen protector but with me living less then 2 blocks from the beach sand is everywhere. Sand will scratch the crap out of gorilla glass even by just being in your pocket.