What's new

Screen Protector

flying low

Reaction score
When I bought my iPhone X the Verizon store recommended a screen protector. I was recently told by an ex Apple employee that it is a waste of money, that the iPhone X screen is tough enough without one.

Is a screen protector necessary?

I always use one....Better safe than sorry, iPhone screens are VERY expensive to replace.

My X is living safe under the protection provided by a glass screen protector. I have a couple of little nicks in the protector, more like small divots I suppose, and the screen is perfect underneath.

I have a tempered glass one on my X that, surprisingly, i picked up for $1 at Dollar tree and it has worked perfectly! (I actually picked up two to have a backup plus they were so cheap why not right).

I wld never ever consider having a phone that was not fully protected w a screen protector and some type of case on it. I know some ppl do but that’s just not my style.. phones cost too much these days.

I work in a quarry and always have a tempered glass on my iPhone X, I also have to replace often as it gets damaged, but it’s much cheaper than replacing the iPhone X screen