What's new

Screen protector.... or no??

droidprincess

Reaction score
Is anyone going without a screen protector? I have one that fits good and I like it BUT it gets so dirty so easily.... drives me insane!

So what are you guys doing with your iPhone X?

Is anyone going without a screen protector? I have one that fits good and I like it BUT it gets so dirty so easily.... drives me insane!

So what are you guys doing with your iPhone X?

I’ve been using a tempered glass screen protector from day one. It does get fingerprints but not ad bad as other screen protectors I’ve used in the past. My sister in law had me put one on her X the day after she got it and when I went to wipe the screen she had 2 little marks that I thought were just smudges. Turns out they were scratches and she didn’t even know they were there or how she got them so I’m definitely keeping a screen protector on mine no matter what.

I’ve been using a tempered glass screen protector from day one. It does get fingerprints but not ad bad as other screen protectors I’ve used in the past. My sister in law had me put one on her X the day after she got it and when I went to wipe the screen she had 2 little marks that I thought were just smudges. Turns out they were scratches and she didn’t even know they were there or how she got them so I’m definitely keeping a screen protector on mine no matter what.

I took mine off... Just the bare glass feels amazing[emoji177]

I like the bare glass as well but installed the IntelliArmor one bc I don't want the micro scratches on my screen.. only annoying thing with these protectors you get the lint around it and need to wipe down occasionally.. Glass feels good though to touch...

IMG_20180211_083644.jpg

I like the bare glass as well but installed the IntelliArmor one bc I don't want the micro scratches on my screen.. only annoying thing with these protectors you get the lint around it and need to wipe down occasionally.. Glass feels good though to touch...

View attachment 39241

Yeah I was getting sooo annoyed with my phone looking dirty all the time!

I will say after removing the protector it is way way more responsive! I’m going to keep either the Apple Silicone or leather case on it and be extra careful!

I’m too afraid to let my phone go naked after my sister in laws phone had scratches after only one day. I know I would like it better but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I’ve had galaxy phones in the past that easily got those micro scratches but I went without a screen protector on my iPhone 7 Plus and didn’t see any scratches so I’m hoping I can ride out the same luck with the iPhone 10.

I’ve had galaxy phones in the past that easily got those micro scratches but I went without a screen protector on my iPhone 7 Plus and didn’t see any scratches so I’m hoping I can ride out the same luck with the iPhone 10.

Yeah I’ve had mixed results ...my 7 plus had a few but my previous 6 plus didn’t ...

Yeah I’ve had mixed results ...my 7 plus had a few but my previous 6 plus didn’t ...

I suspected that my Galaxies were scratched at the beach somehow... but I took my 7 Plus to the beach twice without a protector and didn’t see any scratches. It’s really weird!

I just can’t get over how great the screen feels now without a protector! I don’t think I can go back! I do have insurance through Verizon so that helps me feel better about it.

I suspected that my Galaxies were scratched at the beach somehow... but I took my 7 Plus to the beach twice without a protector and didn’t see any scratches. It’s really weird!

I just can’t get over how great the screen feels now without a protector! I don’t think I can go back! I do have insurance through Verizon so that helps me feel better about it.
Yup agreed... I have AppleCare so if I don't like it long term I will take off

I have one but it’s a plastic one rather than tempered glass I prefer the flat feel rather than the raised profile

I'm using an anti glare glass screen protector and completely loving it.

When I bought my phone at Apple Store I bought the screen protector also. It's a Belkin and they installed it in less than a minute. I'm not thrilled by it but I'm satisfied. I don't have a protector on my year-old series 2 watch and it's starting to show scuff marks & scratches.

I don’t want to be gender biased but I think it makes a difference if you are a girl or a boy. I have a tempered glass cover on my screen as does my wife but I put mine in my pocket and my wife just drops hers in her handbag. I would never put mine in the same pocket as my keys or small change whereas my wife’s can easily come in contact with anything. So mine is still scratch free while my wife’s has a lot of small micro scratches on the protector.