What's new

screen fix

codyr0se

Reaction score
View image: Photo 00009
View image: Photo 00010
View image: Photo 00011
As seen above my iphone 4 was dropped flat on the concrete from about 2 feet. I dont want to spend 140 dollars which is what a local store offers to fix it with a new screen and digitizer. my friend told me it could be fixed if i just bought an iphone 4 glass screen. there are kits on ebay that have tools needed t pry it off and such and fix it. Is this a good idea to go ahead and do this? as seen the peice by the top speaker if falling off and is folded down but can be lifted up. DO i need a new digitizer or could i just buy a glass screen and install it. Is this an easy task?
what are some good cases to protect me from future mistakes such as this?

codyr0se said:
View image: Photo 00009
View image: Photo 00010
View image: Photo 00011
As seen above my iphone 4 was dropped flat on the concrete from about 2 feet. I dont want to spend 140 dollars which is what a local store offers to fix it with a new screen and digitizer. my friend told me it could be fixed if i just bought an iphone 4 glass screen. there are kits on ebay that have tools needed t pry it off and such and fix it. Is this a good idea to go ahead and do this? as seen the peice by the top speaker if falling off and is folded down but can be lifted up. DO i need a new digitizer or could i just buy a glass screen and install it. Is this an easy task?
what are some good cases to protect me from future mistakes such as this?

Otter box defender or a Griffin Survivor.