What's new

Take 3D images from your iPhone with the Seene app

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

There are many ingenious iPhone apps out there and Seene is definitely one of them. Seene is a free iPhone app that you can use to capture objects or persons in three dimensions. You can share the 3D images through a dedicated Seene web portal or upload them to social networks, such as Twitter or Facebook. You can view the 3D images on most modern browsers, like Safari, Chrome and Firefox as they support WebGL, the standard needed for rendering the images.

The Seen software creates parallax-based 3D photos using the phone's accelerometer. Users need to photograph multiple angles of the object/person and sometimes, the resulting images are flawed. This might be caused by the fact that the application is still new, so the team is likely to work on the bugs and glitches. The app’s description on the App Store goes like this:

”The world isn't flat, and with Seene, neither are your photos. Seene creates a new kind of shareable 3D photo that brings together image, depth and movement in a way that is both familiar and new. You can share within your Seene feed, or to other social networks. The results are fun and lifelike!”

It’s worth observing that albeit the application is free, you can take unlimited 3D photo “seenes”, as the 3D images made by Seene are called. Seene is not the first app that comes with this concept, but according to early reviews, it is one of the best. You’ll need iOS 6 or later to run the app and at the moment it will work with iOS devices starting with the iPhone 4 or the iPad 3. Speaking of bugs, Seene has just shared this on their App Store application page: "iPhone 5s users: Drat! Version 1.0.2 has a bug that stops you taking seenes. We've already submitted a fix and are waiting for approval, please hold tight!". So maybe you need to wait until they fix they issue before installing it on your iPhone or iPad.

Taking pictures with your iPad might not be so “cool”, mainly because it is too big for such a purpose and secondly because it can’t match iPhone’s camera quality. But that could soon change, as Apple is expected to launch the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 with iPhone-quality 8MP cameras.

Source: Engadget
Source 2: Seene link in the AppStore

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Anyone use this app? I downloaded/installed in my 5s, but it does not work! I can only see those demo themes once open it. If I tap the camera icon at lower right, it pop-up a message saying: this requires a dual-core processor .... What's wrong? Any help?

Oop! There is a bug ... so I wait.

Last edited: