What's new

SCARY: Battery load doesn't always work

ralphdn

Reaction score
When I plug my iPhone into a power source to load the battery, it sometimes doesn't respond with its "beep" and doesn't connect. This is fatal, of course.

Has anyone else had problems in this area? I bought a new cable but the problem remains, it's scary. The USB also seems OK since loading works most of the time, and since I have a USB disk drive which also runs ok on the connection.

If this continues the danger is that at some point the iPhone will not run anymore. I don't know what to do next.

All the best,
Ralph

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is most likely a failure of the charging cable.

Have you tried a different cable?

When I plug my iPhone into a power source to load the battery, it sometimes doesn't respond with its "beep" and doesn't connect. This is fatal, of course. Has anyone else had problems in this area? I bought a new cable but the problem remains, it's scary. The USB also seems OK since loading works most of the time, and since I have a USB disk drive which also runs ok on the connection. If this continues the danger is that at some point the iPhone will not run anymore. I don't know what to do next. All the best, Ralph
Also be sure the cable port on the charger is clean. Dust and debris can collect there and cause it to not work. Be sure to use a certified cable.

Thanks guys. I guess the cable must have been the source of the problem, I have bought a new one and the problem seems to have disappeared. I'm surprised however, that the cable I was using didn't last longer, I had only had it for a few months. Guess I'll have to be extremely cautious not to bend the cable unnecessarily etc.