What's new

cable doesn't load

ralphdn

Reaction score
I have bought many iPhone 4 cables, mostly from amazon (where they are labelled "certified by Apple USB cable for APPLE iPhone 4/4s, ..."); with some of them the iPhone "bings" and starts loading, with others nothing happens. It seems to have to do with the source, but not always. For example, I have ports on my notebook, with some cables the iPhone starts loading, with others nothing happens. I have purchased a new iPhone 4 cable at amazon, it works when loading from the wall socket via a certified converter, but not when connected to the notebook. A few work fine everywhere, but at some point the cable begins to cause connection problems due to breakage from bending.

I live near Frankfurt, Germany. The question: Is there a reliable international source for purchasing cables which are supported and should always function?

The best source is Apple itself, although it's usually the most expensive. Belkin is a good quality Apple certified third party supplier of cables and other accessories.

Thanks, I'd forgotten that Apple has a store in Frankfurt, I'll give that a try... at least I can take it back if it doesn't work.

Apple sell Belkin in their stores, which should be something of an endorsement.

I've had good results with Dynex, which are sold at BestBuy and Duracell (Lightning connector) which I bought from Costco.