What's new

Safari for iPhone 6 + problem.

azoreseuropa

Reaction score
Hi!

I just bought a brand new iPhone 6+ with Verizon about a month ago. Everything's great. I enjoyed Safari until yesterday I decided to change my email address. I Understand that I would lose apps and cannot updated if I changed my new email address. I go ahead and do that.

I noticed that Safari changed too. Before, Safari had an icons like this:

IMG_0342.jpg

Now, I got this of mine:

IMG_03422.jpg

Help ?

You won't lose apps, and still will be able to update the "old" apps, when you change your email address (for your Apple ID) here:
Apple - My Apple ID
(Manage Apple ID)

If you used the old address as iCloud ID, which is also able to sync bookmarks, these will be gone. Supposedly that's the reason why Safari looks empty now.
I can't see exactly if this is the issue in your case, the images are a little bit small.

Hi!

Please bear with my English.

I did enter Manage Apple ID for my old email and changed to my new email address. Here:

Apple ID and Primary Email Address

I clicked EDIT and changed from old email address (i.e. [email protected]) to [email protected]
and I got this message:

You cannot set up an Apple ID using this email address. Please try again using a different email address.

What did I do wrong ? I also deleted my iCloud ID as old and use my new iCloud ID if you must know.

Sorry about the images are a little bit small but can you tell ? Sorry. :oops:

Last edited:
No problem. My native language is German. :)

You can't use an email address that is already connected to an Apple ID.

So if it's the same address that you used to change the ID, you can't use it again. You could create an iCloud Alias and use it as new email address for your Apple ID. You'll find the instructions to create an email alias here:
iCloud Create or change email aliases

Another idea:
Is your icloud.com email address your iCloud ID? Then it's already used as an Apple ID.

Did you take screenshots with your iPhone (press Home and Power button; you'll hear a shutter sound, picture will be in Camera Roll)?

Last edited:
Thanks for understanding.

Now what should I do ?? I do not liked safari to be empty without an icons. I want it back.

For my iCloud Mail.. That's my email now. No more gmail.com. I am done with Google, that's why.

What is Create Mail Alias ? I do not understand it. I just want to changed from gmail.com to icloud.com so I can get old apps back.

Also, is there no way I can get safari back with an icons ? How do I get my apps back with my new icloud.com instead of .gmail.com ? See ? I am frustrate and if there is nothing I can do to get my apps back then I will accept with my new apps and lose some apps from paid (free from app of the day offered special)

You can see the pics anyway ? The above is icons and below is no icons because I deleted gmail.com from settings in iPhone and sign a new account. That's how safari have no icons now.

Last edited:
So you used the Gmail address as your iCloud ID address as well.

The link I posted in my last reply will give an explanation what an email alias is. It's the same email address (no new account), but it looks different. So you don't create a new account, but just use a different version of the one that's already existing.

As you've already used the icloud.com email address for another Apple ID, you can't use it to exchange it with the gmail.com address. You need a different email address. That's why I suggested you create an alias, and change the Gmail address to the alias email address (Manage Apple ID).

Yes, that's correct. That's why I deleted it and now I have iCloud address as my iCloud ID address. Help ?

I've edited my previous post.

Create an alias email address for your iCloud account, change the Gmail address to that email address (Manage Apple ID), and then use it as your iCloud account (Settings - iCloud on your iPhone).

How ? Use your instruction and I enter iCloud ID as icloud.com as sign in and go to settings>preference>accounts>my email is showing icloud.com so I clicked add alias and enter same icloud again or used old gmail.com?

No, neither same icloud.com address, nor gmail.com address. Change the icloud.com address, just a little bit should be enough - add a number, or a dot, something like that. It's like creating a new account, except that this is not a new account.

An example:
Instead of J.A ...whatever @ icloud.com, use JA...whatever @ icloud.com.

For an example: My icloud.com would be newface @ icloud.com and for alias, I should type newface1 @ icloud.com ? If that's correct then what's next ? Go to managed id and changed gmail.com to newface.icloud.com or newface1 @ icloud.com ? I hope that I am not going to use newface1 @ icloud.com, am I ? :)

You have to use the newly created address. The other one can't be used, it's already an Apple ID.

I just created this icloud.com already yesterday thats why I stopped used gmail.com. Somehow, now I can't used my old app for my new icloud.com.

I go to managed id and there is [email protected]. I signed it out and use my new email

I seems to have two emails. Confusion. I go to managed id and there is [email protected] as well. @_@

That's because you have two Apple iDs now: the old Gmail which is now the new alias iCloud address, and the iCloud address that made your bookmarks disappear.

On your iPhone, you'll have to use the new icloud.com address (the alias) as your iCloud ID, then your icons in Safari should be back.

(Chuckling). I am not a good reader and understand it myself. So sorry that I am mad at myself.

I already have them.. In settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars and I have two emails. One is iCloud.comm and one is gmail.com but it is still under iCloud too. @_@