What's new

Safari for iPhone 6 + problem.

Never mind. I got it back somehow. I am going to check azoreseuropa to see if I am able to get it back too. Hold on.

EDIT: Works for azoreseuropa too. Interesting but new email cannot bring my old apps back. I can't figure it out. I guess azoreseuropa will my just other email.

Last edited:
I know that bookmarks and favorites in Safari are important.

Did you create a backup with your Gmail Apple ID, before you changed it to the iCloud address?
In that case you could get them back. After erasing all content and settings, restore from a backup from your Gmail address Apple ID when you set it up again.

Otherwise they'll be lost, because they don't reappear with the Gmail address in Settings - iCloud.

I just edited it. Look above.

Edit: I just got my old apps back for my old gmail. Oh well. I can't figure out for new email to get my old apps back. Sighing.

If they are in Settings - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, they should be installed on your iPhone.

I just edited it. Look above.

Edit: I just got my old apps back for my old gmail. Oh well. I can't figure out for new email to get my old apps back. Sighing.
It's a different Apple ID, and the apps are connected to your Gmail account, that's why you can't "sync" them to the iCloud ID.

If the apps are on your device again: go to the App Store - Featured. Scroll down to your Apple ID, tap it and sign out. Then sign in again and use the iCloud email address (the one you prefer). The apps should still be on your iPhone, but your Apple ID is the iCloud address now. You should still be able to use the apps. In order not to lose them, backup your iPhone.

When they have to be updated, a popup will ask you for the the password of your Gmail Apple ID. There's nothing else you have to do but entering the password.

I am confused. After iTunes & App Store with Gmail.com and get my old apps back. I go to iTune & App Store again and sign out Gmail and enter my new iCloud.com with password (Please understand that my old password for Gmail is the same for my new iCoud email). I always use the same password for new things. Will it help ?

EDIT: I just back up on my new iCloud with those old apps back. Will it help if it asked for password when its update again and I am able to use iCloud's password ? (The password is the same as Gmail when I used it before for my old apps)

Last edited:
Sorry, it seems I didn't explain this exactly.

When you update the "old" apps, a popup will appear. It will ask you to enter the password for the Gmail Apple ID. After you have done that, they will update without a problem.

It's certainly easier for you to remember them when they are the same.

Okay, I just signed off Gmail Apple ID after I got my old apps back. Now, I signed iCloud Apple ID and will the update of the "old" apps, a popup will appear. It will ask me to enter the password for the iCloud of the same password I used for old Gmail ?

Again, I always use the same password for both iCloud and Gmail.

Yes, but it's a different Apple ID. That's why an update will be asking for it.

Since it's a different Apple ID: iCloud.com and the update will be asking for it without a problem for my old apps ?

Last edited:
Hello ?? It is going to be my last question. Am I correct ? So sorry to bother you. ;)

Edit: Sorry for double posting.

Sorry, I couldn' stay online, I had to log out for a short time.

There's no problem for your old apps. The popup will ask for the password of the old Apple ID, and as soon as you enter it, they'll start updating. The new apps (from the new ID) will update without asking for a password.

Just to make sure they don't disappear again from your iPhone, back it up, either to iCloud or iTunes on your computer.

Oh sorry. I understand.

Ahh.. Okay, got it! Yes, I already back it up to iCloud. No more GMAIL!!!!!

Guess what ?? I figured it out on my own and found a way to get those icons back in safari. You should have told me unless you didn't know and I am going to share it with you and anybody else just in case. :)

How ? Just type Apple.com, Bing.com, Google.com, and Yahoo.com then you can bookmark them. To click bookmark only one at the time. Voila! You have their icons on Safari like in the picture at page 1. :)