What's new

Safari for iPhone 6 + problem.

Go to Settings (the app) - iCloud.
image.jpg

Tap it. Scroll down until you see this:
image.jpg

Tap "Sign Out". Then sign in again, using the new iCloud (alias) address.

Okay... after I sign [email protected] off and not gmail.com because icloud ID dont have settings for my gmail and using the new iCloud (alias) address and I type my new email that I created last night ? My new email that I created last night is already there (I.E [email protected])

I want to scream at myself and made me go ahead and Erase All Content and Settings to use my old email then because its driving me crazy with my new email of iCloud. Sighing.

So you signed in with the new iCloud address?

Look at Safari now. Is it still without icons, or are they back?

Last edited:
I looked at my new email there.. and alias said under it is still my new email but I didnt type alias for a new one. I think I am done. I am going to Erase All Content and Settings and use my old gmail to get apps and safari back to normal I guess.

You can't use your Gmail address at the moment, because you changed it to the new iCloud address. It would be the same as before: no apps, no icons in Safari. It would be a completely new Apple ID. You'd have to change it back again on the website (Manage Apple ID).

Did you open Safari (the app) and take a look at it?

Btw: you don't have to erase all content and settings to change the Apple ID. That can be done in Settings - iTunes & App Store, without losing apps.

Yes, it is still no icons when I open Safari (the app). As I said I didnt enter alias yet but I sign out the icloud from my iPhone and use gmail instead and I am able to get my old apps back but safari (the app) remains no icons.

I guess I am going to Erase All Content and Settings instead and stick to gmail.com. I hate APPLE because it is not friendly and difficult!!! I thank you for your trying. I am not good at it, sorry. *SAD*

You don't have to erase all content and settings to change the Apple ID. It's way easier to do this in Settings - iTunes & App Store.

I'm very sorry I couldn't help with your problem.

I did that and my old apps are back but only safari do not have icon.

Safari is synced through the iCloud ID. That's why I asked you to use the new ID there.

No, I am back to gmail.com already and sign out icloud.com. I gave up the icloud.com. How do I synced it to get Safari's icons back ?

Did I get this right:
You did not change back the email address to your Gmail address on the Manage Apple ID website, but signed in with your Gmail address on your iPhone?

No.. I still have GMAIL address on Manage Apple ID and I signed out my new Email through iTunes & App Store and signed in with my Gmail address instead that way I am able to bring my paid purchased (Free for special offered) apps back.

Now, I go to Manage Apple ID to check for my new Email and it is still there so I leave it alone and forget it but for iTunes & App Store as new Email wont bring my old apps back. That's why I sign it off and used Gmail for now.

EDIT: Safari still do not have icons at all.

You'll have to use the Gmail address in Settings - iCloud as well to get back the icons in Safari.

Then perhaps the information was removed when you changed to the iCloud address yesterday. In that case it's not possible to retrieve it. Sorry!