What's new

Rumour: Apple to release Gen 2 iPhone SE in March 2018

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
New iPhone SE coming in Q1 2018.JPG

AppleInsider reports that according to CNA, Apple supply chain member Wistron is to add a new iPhone SE production line to its plant in Bengaluru, India, in order to produce the Gen-2 iPhone SE ready for shipping in the first quarter of 2018. The source says that Wistron is already in talks with the Karnataka state government in a bid to secure extra land for the development, in the hope of doubling or tripling production capacity within the next 5 years.

The Wistron-manufactured iPhone SE model is thought to be only intended for release in India, so most likely another of Apple’s manufacturing partners, such as Foxconn or Pegatron, will be manufacturing the Gen-2 iPhone SE for other markets.

As far as specs for the new SE are concerned, Indian website Tekz24 recently wrote that the 2018 SE will have the same A10 processor and 12-megapixel rear camera as the iPhone 7, plus 2GB of RAM and a 5-megapixel front camera. Tekz24 said that the display would be between 4 and 4.2 inches.

Source: iPhone 8 camera may support ‘SmartCam’ scene selection, Apple Pay Face ID

I don't really like the fact the new iPhones are relatively large... I find the 5c is the right size for me and that the 6 and later are too large :(

Why can't they see that some people will prefer a smaller design and release the new SE elsewhere than India...

I don't really like the fact the new iPhones are relatively large... I find the 5c is the right size for me and that the 6 and later are too large :(

Why can't they see that some people will prefer a smaller design and release the new SE elsewhere than India...
Apple never discusses it's plans for future iPhone releases so we'll not know for sure if Apple will release an updated smaller iPhone until Apple themselves announce it. If they feel that there is sufficient profit to be made, i'm sure we'll see a new smaller iPhone.

Apple never discusses it's plans for future iPhone releases so we'll not know for sure if Apple will release an updated smaller iPhone until Apple themselves announce it. If they feel that there is sufficient profit to be made, i'm sure we'll see a new smaller iPhone.

I for one would love an A10 or A11 iPhone SE as a second phone and retire the 5S also