What's new

Rumor Says Next iPhone Will be Liquidmetal and Will Launch in June

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
6261-liquid-metal.JPG

9to5 Mac features a new rumour today from Korea’s ETNews.com that says that Apple is planning to use “liquid metal” technology in order to produce a thinner and lighter iPhone. Lending a degree of credibility to the initial report is the fact that Apple bought the rights to amorphous metal alloys technology from Liquidmetal Technologies back in August 2010, so it’s reasonable to expect that Apple will be doing something with that technology at some point, even if it's not right away. However, ETNews also says that Apple will be launching the new, liquidmetal iPhone 5 at its WWDC in June, which goes against recent reports that Apple intends to maintain its current iPhone release schedule and will not release another iPhone until the Fall. It’s quite possible that this is just another plumped out rumour, but always worth giving it an airing just in case it does prove to be true! Take with the usual bucket of salt, of course!

Source: Report: Apple building thinner and lighter Liquidmetal next-gen iPhone | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

like the terminator 2 if melted down will re assemble in seconds :D would be interesting to see how that would look and even better if they do announce one at junes wwdc event

I hope they announce it in June with an October release date.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth of the fanbois would almost be worth it. ;)

I hope they announce it in June with an October release date.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth of the fanbois would almost be worth it. ;)
I hope they announce a release date for October and not June as its simply too soon to release another iphone in June.

At this point I don't care about June or October releases, I just want to know the verdict on the specs. Primarily the screen size and LTE. Everything beyond that is pretty much secondary to me.

jkhonea said:
At this point I don't care about June or October releases, I just want to know the verdict on the specs. Primarily the screen size and LTE. Everything beyond that is pretty much secondary to me.

Agreed.

Yes,im very interested in screen size too,4" hopefully.

like the terminator 2 if melted down will re assemble in seconds :D would be interesting to see how that would look and even better if they do announce one at junes wwdc event

That would be cool! :)