What's new

Rough edges?

droidprincess

Reaction score
Does anyone have a IPhone X with slightly rough edges where the glass meets the steel?
I don’t want to go through the exchange process if I don’t have to... Anyone think it’s a big deal?

Mine does on the front. You could probably carefully squeeze it together with your fingers and fix it. If you've ever taken an iPhone apart they just pull apart. Probably just wasn't completely pressed together during it's final manufacturing process. I put mine in a silicone Apple brand case so you can't see or feel it with a case on it anyways so I just left mine alone.

If you can feel the edge of the glass like I described above I wouldn't worry about it. If you can feel the edge of the stainless steel then I'd consider returning it because I'd be worried it was assembled with too much force or the phone was out of spec.

Little things like this used to bother me as well, but then I had kids and now I understand what it really means to have things to worry about, lol.

I am 100% positive that I could find something wrong with any iPhone if I looked hard enough. But it really comes down to, if it bothers you and you want another phone Apple will most likely swap it. They aim to please.

I'm not sure my edge would even show up in a photo but I'd be happy to try to photograph it if you'd like to compare. I think the only reason you noticed it is because you can feel it is because you can feel the edge of the glass which is sharp. I tried to hold mine up to the light and see if I could see the edge, but couldn't.

And I'm not saying you are this type of person, but if you are the type of person that will look for flaws and worry about them, then you may get a worse flaw if you exchange it. So consider that as well. Good luck.

I use to hate home buttons that weren't perfectly level with the screen or a bit loose. So now that the home button is gone at least I don't have to worry about that any longer, lol. I love the home button on the 7 and 8. Best upgrade ever, lol.

Mine does on the front. You could probably carefully squeeze it together with your fingers and fix it. If you've ever taken an iPhone apart they just pull apart. Probably just wasn't completely pressed together during it's final manufacturing process. I put mine in a silicone Apple brand case so you can't see or feel it with a case on it anyways so I just left mine alone.

If you can feel the edge of the glass like I described above I wouldn't worry about it. If you can feel the edge of the stainless steel then I'd consider returning it because I'd be worried it was assembled with too much force or the phone was out of spec.

Little things like this used to bother me as well, but then I had kids and now I understand what it really means to have things to worry about, lol.

I am 100% positive that I could find something wrong with any iPhone if I looked hard enough. But it really comes down to, if it bothers you and you want another phone Apple will most likely swap it. They aim to please.

I'm not sure my edge would even show up in a photo but I'd be happy to try to photograph it if you'd like to compare. I think the only reason you noticed it is because you can feel it is because you can feel the edge of the glass which is sharp. I tried to hold mine up to the light and see if I could see the edge, but couldn't.

I use a case as well so now it’s kind of out of sight out of mind. I understand that there can be slight manufacture differences in the phones and honestly it doesn’t bother me enough to go through The exchange process.
It did make me feel better that I am not the only one feeling the slightly rough edges.
I’m really enjoying the phone overall!

It’s still a wonderful product that I am oh so proud to have! I am not going to be super nit picky. [emoji5][emoji5]

I don't find the edges rough but if you slide from glass to sides you can feel it where it meets .. I'm thinking normal..did you see it on both phones ?

My husbands phone is slightly smoother than mine... but you can still feel where it changes from glass to the steel edge.
Mine is rough along the left edge and it was a bit rough on the bottom but with use it has seemed to smooth out.
So maybe like the other person said the screen just needs to settle?‍♀️

Overall I am very happy with the device and don’t see a need to go exchange it.

When I take my case off and rub my finger, I can feel the edge of the glass, so I think it's because of the design.

That is my thought as well.... I was just curious cause there are a few articles (I just googled it) of people saying they exchanged their phones because of the rough edges. I don’t want to go through the hassle of an exchange if it’s not an actual defect.

I am on my exchanged second iPhone, so maybe I got one from someone who returned it because of the rough edges. LOL

(Couch ate my first phone.)
BFP675a.jpg