What's new

Iphone 5 screen

hlhks1

Reaction score
Hi dropped my iphone 5 yesterday and screen cracked😢
How much do you think apple Genius Bar will charge to have it sorted (UK)
Also has anyone replaced just the front glass as it seems cheap!
How much roughly from a third party to repaire?
Cheers

From what i understand it isn't hard to replace the glass yourself,you can get instructions on how to do this on google,don't use a cheap replacement though,you will only be wasting your money,use an original iphone screen,if you don't want to do it yourself ring your nearest Apple store for a price to repair it.

It usually costs around £40 to £60 to change a class on the iPhone 5, apple would probably charge you twice that amount, but you should always fit a genuine apple glass because the quality is much better than the cheep ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

How much is it for apple to replace now?

Iv read in us genius bars its reduced to $149 about £97, is this in the uk too?
😃Thanks

Last time I looked was about a month ago and it was £130, but apple always charge way to much for repairs, you better off buying a genuine apple glass and asking someone to fit it

Although the price Apple charges to replace the screen may be higher than the price charged by an independent repair shop, your warranty and AppleCare will be preserved. If you have it done elsewhere, your warranty is voided.

That is if the iPhone 4 is still in warranty,bear in mind the iPhone 4 at the moment is only worth around £120 to £150