What's new

Rookie to Iphone, email question

rfdtruckie

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got my I-4 and love it for the most part. I had a BB, so the email thing is getting tough to get used to.

So let me get this straight; is it true I won't be notified when an email comes through? The only way to be see new email is to physically pick up my phone and open my mailbox, let the little swirly busy signal work for a sec, then the new mail pops up? If so, man that sucks....is there not another way????

It's important for me when I get emails that I'm notified, and not having to pick my phone up and check it every 10 minutes to see if I got any new emails.

PLEASE HELP!!

Nope, it will fetch every 15 min on fetch accounts and if you get an email it will chime and display a 1 on the mail app. If you are using gmail or a Microsoft-exchange server it will push. So you will instantly be alerted of a new mail seconds after it was sent to you by a chime and app badge.

Thanks for replying Danny Boy, I'm using gmail and I have a yahoo account.

It seems the only time I get told I have a new email in gmail is when I check it. So what am I doing wrong?

Also, how do I change the notifiers for each mailbox when I receive "new mail"?

Since I have yahoo and gmail, is there a way to put a different notifier with each?

Really struggling here guys....I have the google mobile app on my phone. When an email shows up in my gmail the number over the google mobile app goes up by one, but I still get no sound at all.

What's the deal?