What's new

Email Questions

67corvette

Reaction score
My wife has an IPhone 4. I am about to switch to a new smartphone. The problem is that I get 100+ emails a day. On the Iphone you have to delete each one manually? Also I have a POP server and it doesn't delete them from there. So when you get mail all those that I deleted come back. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a new OS that will be changing that? I heard that an Iphone 5 is is due soon. Thanks.

I Have the same problem. I work with Iphone and i want to delete wrong email address and email that I don't use.

I do not want to use a Jailbreak. is possible?

there is no way to select all emails on the iphone, this is something i wish they would add also

My wife has an IPhone 4. I am about to switch to a new smartphone. The problem is that I get 100+ emails a day. On the Iphone you have to delete each one manually? Also I have a POP server and it doesn't delete them from there. So when you get mail all those that I deleted come back. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a new OS that will be changing that? I heard that an Iphone 5 is is due soon. Thanks.

You will not be able to delete all the messages at once, that's just not possible even if you delete your account and set it up back.
As for the coming back of deleted messages, go to settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars: select your email account, and there you will see an option which says "archive messages" switch it off. Now when you delete a message it will go to the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk