What's new

Ringtones are hidden ... where?

a cheesehead

Reaction score
Color me baffled (I will not point to the easy-as-pie WebOS manner of installing and attaching ringtones, because I am oh so terribly polite in this new forum). I managed to download Ringtone Designer, convert the tunes to the proper 'R" suffix, select the time bracket, all without getting all confused ... but the damned things are claimed to be saved and I cannot find them in any of the lists of 'sounds". I've trolled the several threads and I guess I should be seeing another category, under 'alerts'. Well, they ain't where I can see them.

They're not in the iTunes tab, under 'tones', they're not anywhere I can find them. I have had a shot at the several tutorials on YouTube, and they all steer me to righ-clicking on the tune and scroilling down to 'finder'. Well, my allegedly latest versh of iTunes don't got no 'finder.

I then tried an alternative. I have created new folders of the respective tunes, and converted them to apple lossless, and tried the 'tools', 'folder options', 'file types' and clicked on 'M4R' - and the files appear to have the proper icon for an M4R but they profess only to be MPEG-4 Audio Files.

Obviously I am doing something wrtong or missing something important, but damned if I can work it out.

Clues, please!

Did you change the profiling to "Ringtones" in Get Info for the sound files before syncing them to your device

Color me baffled (I will not point to the easy-as-pie WebOS manner of installing and attaching ringtones, because I am oh so terribly polite in this new forum). I managed to download Ringtone Designer, convert the tunes to the proper 'R" suffix, select the time bracket, all without getting all confused ... but the damned things are claimed to be saved and I cannot find them in any of the lists of 'sounds". I've trolled the several threads and I guess I should be seeing another category, under 'alerts'. Well, they ain't where I can see them.

They're not in the iTunes tab, under 'tones', they're not anywhere I can find them. I have had a shot at the several tutorials on YouTube, and they all steer me to righ-clicking on the tune and scroilling down to 'finder'. Well, my allegedly latest versh of iTunes don't got no 'finder.

I then tried an alternative. I have created new folders of the respective tunes, and converted them to apple lossless, and tried the 'tools', 'folder options', 'file types' and clicked on 'M4R' - and the files appear to have the proper icon for an M4R but they profess only to be MPEG-4 Audio Files.

Obviously I am doing something wrtong or missing something important, but damned if I can work it out.

Clues, please!

I found the tutorial by looking @ the developer's website, and it explains it all in great & useful detail. Clues abound, problem solved!