What's new

Ringer not loud enough

Kensterfly

Reaction score
Is there a way, or an app, to make your ringer/ringtones louder? Of course I have the ringer toggled up as far as it will go but if you're in another room it's hard to hear, especially for custom, music ringtones.

i had that problem in 2007 on my iphone but the iphone 4 is really loud... dunno why you guys have sound issues..

if you jailbreak there is an app in cydia to increase volume

Its most likely the file your using is quiet rather than your phone.

I have a custom ringtone and its not quite as loud as the standard ones...

thats what i was thinnking....use a custom tone and raise the volume of the original if its not loud enough

Last edited:
Just to add: Increase the volume of your file when creating the custom ringtone from iTunes by increasing the gain in 'get info' to 100% if you want.
IMHO the ringer is loud enough as it is unless something is blocking the speakers, like a case or something.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Becareful!
If the voice is not loud as the first time try entering a game and make the voice louder.Cause in iPhone there is two adjustment for voice.If you adjust the volume at the main menu it will write (ringer) but when you enter a game and try to adjust the volume it writes nothing(maybe you will say ((So?!))they are different from each other but they are also affect the volume when your phone is ringing.(sory for bad English.)(I'm a student not from America or England.)

If it doesn't help and you really need a louder voice please write it down if your phone is jailbroken.There is a package that can inrease your speakers voice but it will not be in warranty anymore.Because you wil be using it out of limits.

(Sory for bad English)

I am also having problems with my ringer volume and also texts volume. My text volume is an inphone sound and I can barely hear it. My ringer volume I do use my custom ringtones but it is hard to hear even if I use my ringtones or iphone. I have tried several ringtones and have the same problem. If I am not sitting right by my phone, I can't hear it. I have my volume turned all the way up and under sounds in settings, I also have that as loud as it can go. Any more suggestions? Thanks

Is it a 4S? There is a bug that makes all ringtones-custom or not, sound muffled on the 4S.