What's new

Review: NLU Ciderz bumper for iphone 4

weisjt

Reaction score
NLU Ciderz iPhone 4 Bumper

The NLU Ciderz isn't your everyday apple bumper, this bumper will protect you phone just as well as apple bumper and looks better. The ciderz case is made of half polycarbonate and half TPE rubber. The package comes in two options one being just the case for $19.99 and second the case with body guard front and back scratch proof screen protectors for $29.99. First thought on the unboxing was that this bumper case is very slim and sleek, a little bit smaller than the apple bumper and way better fitting.

PROTECTION
The NLU Ciderz case is a bumper style case, so it will not provide protection from direct drops to the front and back glass. The case is two pieces that are molded together, the back piece is a TPE rubber while the front piece is the polycarbonate. Both sides of the case has lay on table design, the volume buttons and the on/off switch are covered with the polycarbonate material for protection. The case design has the rubber material in the corners to help with shock absorption while the polycarbonate runs down the sides. The ciderz case protects your phone from minor drops to the antenna band and does help with the death grip problems if you had any to begin with.

FUNCTIONALITY
NLU designed this case to be functional, the features of the design make it one of my favorite bumper style cases. First off the case is very slim and adds minimal bulk but still protects the IPhone like any other bumper case. The buttons are covered with the poly carbonate material, they press easily and have great feed back so you can feel it click when you press them. The headphone jack has a pretty big cut out, you should be able to fit mostly all of your headphone in there. The 30 pin dock connector has a recessed cut out like the apple bumper but it is larger so you will be able to fit some medium sized third party connectors in here. This case will slide in and out of pockets and purses easy as well as dock in any universal docking station you have. The on/off vibrate switch cutout is pretty small and you have to kinda dig you finger tip in there to switch it.

QUALITY
The quality of this case is great, the TPE rubber material does not attract lint to it and the polycarbonate part stays clean from stains, I have not noticed any yellowing or flaking of the case. The very slim design along with the functionality of the design make this one of my favorite cases.

Overall this case is a great deal for $19.99, you can pick them up at NLU Site. I will have a separate review for the bodyguardz scratch proof screen protection kit up soon as well so check back. The ciderz case comes in a bunch of colors, this is the navy blue and white check out the site link for more options.

Thanks For Reading.

check out the link for more pictures. i have been taking much more photos lately so check out the slide show.

removed external links

Attachments

• $IMG_5082.jpg
    $IMG_5082.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited by a moderator:
Good review but that bumper will get dirty quickly. I have a Gear 4 the band in green and it is very dirty now!

this is one of my favorite cases and i havent had any problems with it getting dirty, and its polycarbonate you can wipe it off.

this is one of my favorite cases and i havent had any problems with it getting dirty, and its polycarbonate you can wipe it off.

What do you clear it off with because I really want to clean my case!!