What's new

Restoring from iCloud after downloading iOS 8

p3unit32

Reaction score
In the past, after I have downloaded the latest or newer version iOS, there has never been issues restoring from iCloud. Last year after downloading iOS 7 beta I was able to restoring all my content from iCloud. After downloading iOS 8 beta, the content shows up on screen, but want load or install. Also I'm asked repeatedly to sign into iCloud even though I'm already signed in.

I have erased and tried restoring several times, and I get the same results every time. Thoughts on a solution anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried posting your question in the iOS 8 beta forum in the Apple Developer Forums?

I thought I read a warning somewhere to not download the beta if you might want to go back to an earlier version of IOS. You may need to contact Apple.

I'm not trying to go back. I just want to restore all my content on iOS 8.

I thought I read a warning somewhere to not download the beta if you might want to go back to an earlier version of IOS. You may need to contact Apple.

I'm not trying to go back. I just want to restore all my content on iOS 8.

I had to delete then (long press), and re download them. Not a fast process tho as trying to search for the app crashes the app store over and over, luckily the report a bug works flawlessly :).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I had to delete then (long press), and re download them. Not a fast process tho as trying to search for the app crashes the app store over and over, luckily the report a bug works flawlessly :).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Did this method make all your in-app data come back as well?