What's new

restoring back to 5.1.1 after bad cydia tweak.... HELP!

xesvuli420

Reaction score
OK nothing works so far!

I downloaded a tweak that has cause my iphone to continuously respring upon boot up.

Holding volume up while booting will not get past it.

I have tried everyone's "sure fire way" to restore with no success.

I have my blobs

I have stitched them to a custom redsnow ipsw

I have tried using the stock 5.1.1

I have tried using Tiny umbrella(although TU doesn't see my phone in DFU mode/Pwned DFU, only in Recovery mode, or while the spinner is spinning)

I have tried Pwned DFU

I have tried Regular DFU

I have tried Recovery mode

I have pointed host file to cydia

I have pointed host file to apple

Ive got every error and tried every posted solution just to end up with a different error

I am not new to this, I have downgraded plenty of iphones, just not any above 5.0.1.

Everyone says to use different techniques.

Some say, go into Pwned DFU, Start TU, Point to cydia, Start TU Server, Start iTunes, and select ipsw. Then after it loads onto the phone, kick it out of recovery and done. This way gets thru the verify, only to fail after preparing iphone for restore.

Some say after 5.0 that TU won't work. Use redsnow to create ipsw with stitching you blobs, then Pwned DFU and restore. This way errors after apple verifies IPSW.

I have tried using all these seperately, independently, and every possible combination of mixing steps. Nothing will work.

Can some one help me?

FYI, once it gets to the spinner, I can ssh into the phone thru the computer, so if uninstalling cydia apps is possible thru ifunbox or winscp LET ME KNOW! Maybe I can uninstall the stupid tweak, and be good to go without restoring.

Any ideas? thanks!

Which iPhone are we using. That would narrow or broaden our range of available methods

Since you're on the 4, upgrade it got iOS 6.0.1 and downgrade back. There are less hitches with that compared to restoring back to the same iOS if you're pre-A5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 