What's new

Restore ios but recovery mode goes to timeout

WhiteHand

Reaction score
Hi,
I tried to wipe and reinstall ios on my 6s wit itunes and now the phone is partially wiped because an error during the install (I don't remember) has occurred.
Now I tried again to restore everything, i tunes detect the phone and try to "extract" the already downloaded firmware image but during this phase the recovery mode goes to timeout and then the phone disconect and reconnect it self and the end of the extracion i tunes doesn't find the iphone and then giveme the error. My questions are:
1) is there a way to extract the file and give to itunes the already extraced file ?
2) is there a way to manually install the firmware ?
3) are there other alternative tools to install the raw firmware image ?
4) can I growup the recovery mode timeout ?
thank you.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

The answer to questions number 1, 2 and 3 is no.
You can install firmware on your iPhone over the air by using the device’s built in feature (Settings - General - Software Update), otherwise you have to use iTunes to do that. There’s no other way to get this done.
I’m not sure what your fourth question means. Recovery mode’s timeout is meant to happen, but iTunes should recognize your iPhone afterwards.

Try DFU mode:
How To Put An iPhone In DFU Mode, The Apple Way
If recovery mode doesn’t work, this should help.

The recovery mode timeout is 15 minutes. After that it disconnect from the pc and as I see it reboots.
Because the device is partially wiped it reenter again in the recovery mode till the next timeout.
iTunes after the first device reboot it say that there is not any device connected (ofcourse the reboot time is around 1 second). I mean it doesn't found it. I don't know why.
But things like "reiboot" doesn't work ?
(I don't know if I can paste link)

If DFU mode doesn't work there is likely a hardware fault and a diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar would be warranted. An Apple authorized service centre could help if there is no Apple Store near enough.

It worked, thank you very very very much!!
But now I've an other question. I open a new 3d.