What's new

restore imessages

Status
Not open for further replies.

amie

Reaction score
hello,

i recently deleted a thread of imessages that were really important to me, the only problem is i haven't backed up my phone since having the messages, therfore even if i restore my phone from back up, the messages are not restored, is there any way i can get this messages back ? i really am upset about this. i can still see them in the spotlight search so wondered if because they are there then there is hope in me being able to restore them.

any information is welcome :)

Unfortunately no. But you can try to see if you can recover them using a data recovery utility, though I highly doubt it'll help much.

Ohh okay, do you know of any good data recovery programs which are free ?

And thanks for the reply

It is a little difficult to recover deleted imesssages if you do not backup them in iTunes. However, as I know, iTunes can backup data automatically when you sync iPhone with iTunes, So you may check whether the backup files exist and then restore them via iTunes.
At first, you are not allowed to connect your iPhone to computer directly, because iTunes will save the recent data automatically. Now,you should check whether you have the backup files
iTunes> preferences> devices
all your backup files will be listed.
Then click iTunes>preferences> devices "prevent iPhone from syncing automatically." select OK and close the window after checking" don't sync"
Now you can connect iPhone to PC and make the iPhone data recovery based on you have the backup files.
Click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up.
Then iPhone will restart and see whether the imessages come back.
I used the method above to recover my pics successfully and I hope it works on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.