What's new

iMessage works intermittently

Fully

Reaction score
iMessage works intermittently. Rebooting, hard reboot and "restore from backup" via Itunes sometimes enables iMessage to work, but only for a few minutes. Are there any suggestions before I back-up on ITunes, Restore then see if iMessage works (for longer than a few minutes). If so, then I will restore from backup. If that does not work, then restore again and load apps. My hpone is a 3Gs; OS 5.1

Thanks,

Jim

Found the resolution to the problem. Very Simple and easy. I turne off iMessage in Settings ==> hard reset; then turned it back on and it has worked fine for several days.

Last edited:
Fully said:
iMessage works intermittently. Rebooting, hard reboot and "restore from backup" via Itunes sometimes enables iMessage to work, but only for a few minutes. Are there any suggestions before I back-up on ITunes, Restore then see if iMessage works (for longer than a few minutes). If so, then I will restore from backup. If that does not work, then restore again and load apps. My hpone is a 3Gs; OS 5.1

Thanks,

Jim

Restoring and setting up as new, and NOT from a backup is always the best way to fix problems.

Usually a bad idea to restore from a backup when your restoring to fix a problem. The problem is often backed up too....thus....defeating the purpose of restoring in the first place.

Ok, but do I restore from backup after the restore or do I need to add the apps, manually reset settings and start over with e-mails and texts?

Fully said:
Ok, but do I restore from backup after the restore or do I need to add the apps, manually reset settings and start over with e-mails and texts?

Start from Scratch. Do not restore from
Backup at all. Download and add apps manually. It's a pain, but ultimately more stable.