What's new

Restore files from the iPhone filesystem?

Cruxy

Reaction score
Hello.
I just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 4.3.2 (previousle jailbroken and jailbroken after update), ran a full backup of my phone and restored it...
Now that it's back and running did i notice it didn't save the 5 GB of files i had saved in a folder not made by the iPhone, and i lost everything i had there :(
Is there a way to get those files back somehow? I've been looking for backup extractors, but the only ones i've found can only extract music, movies, photos and apps.

I searched the forums for simmelar problems and as far as i've seen there's no luck for me, but if someone has an idea PLEASE let me know!

Welcome,

Do you mean you were using your iPhone as a USB memory card? If so all of the files will have been deleted in the restore but won't be saved in the iTunes backup...

More or less yes, i had saved my files in "\var\mobile\Media\Files" where Files where the folder i had saved everything in.

I should be more carefull next time i restore or upgrade my phone :(

Thanks for the help :)

Well then I think they are lost. There are ways to get data back as it is never truly deleted but it is expensive.

Anything that you put on your phone that isn't recognised by iTunes will get wiped during a restore...