What's new

Restoring iPhone from backup

evangelist6589

Reaction score
iPhone 4S with Mac OSX SL. I did a restore from backup which was only a hour old and somehow after everything was complete I gained 1 GB. Does anyone know why? All seems to be fine at first glance. Also is there a way to restore from older backup images, or can I restore only from the latest backup image? Thanks..

Probably freed up space used for "other"? Don't quote me on that though. You should be able to restore from older backups. Right click your device in the left pane and select restore from back up. When the restore from back up window appears you should have the option of choosing from older back ups.

Probably freed up space used for "other"? Don't quote me on that though. You should be able to restore from older backups. Right click your device in the left pane and select restore from back up. When the restore from back up window appears you should have the option of choosing from older back ups.

At 7:13pm last night I had 8.2GB's FREE. After I hit the restore button and then after it wiped the phone, and I restored from the latest backup I had 9GB's free.