What's new

Resetting phone vs reinstalling iTunes

Yes I had used the apple chat about the problem before the warrenty ran out. I never thought to save the chats though so can't prove them, but did save the chat from last night where they seemed to accept I tried to sort the problem before warrenty ran out.

If for any reason they can't fix it would I get a new 6s?
If they agree that you're covered under the warranty and they can't fix your iPhone, you'll receive a replacement iPhone. The replacement will likely be a refurbished iPhone.

I have gotten several iPhones replaced under warranty. They are in sealed apple boxes and appear new. Nowhere does it say refurb. This was all done by FedEx, they need your credit card # in case you don't ship the broken one back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have gotten several iPhones replaced under warranty. They are in sealed apple boxes and appear new. Nowhere does it say refurb. This was all done by FedEx, they need your credit card # in case you don't ship the broken one back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's called the express replacement service and is a feature of AppleCare +.

I think mine is being replaced. On the check repair status it said box was posted out on friday I received it Saturday. I posted it yesterday because of no post on Sunday's I waited til yesterday to post it. They got it today the repair status has gone to step 2 diagnosing product and now it says service complete and replacement pending. Does replacement normally get sent out that day or day after? I'm now checking it every hour or so. Also just out of interest do you normally get the same colour phone as the one you send? I would like a rose gold one but got space gray as that was the only colour they had in stock when I got it.

Got another iPhone sent back to me. Refurbished or new I'm happy it's in same condition a new one would be. Does Apple actually try to fix phones or just send replacements out? On the apple chat they said the phone going off before battery was flat was a common problem they were working to resolve. They said they would try to get the phone to turn off before flat battery to see what was wrong. I posted a note with phone in hope of speeding things up telling them when it was more likely to go off. They received it yesterday and posted replacement out last night and I got it today.

I had read a lot of bad things about Apple customer service but must say with this I can't fault them at all. Even the speed I got phone back which I was impatient about I couldn't fault. Been 2 days without phone and most of that has been in post there and back.

I'm glad to hear you've got s functioning replacement iPhone. Apple tries to repair returned iPhones such as yours and if they succeed it will be used as a refurbished replacement iPhone for another customer. Unlike its other devices, Apple does not sell refurbished iPhones to the general public.

Last edited:
Thought mine would be used to send to someone else. Considering iPhones are probably the top of price list in phones they would probably manage to sell loads of refurbished ones if they would sell them. I've had phones from new being refurbished and it's just a way to get a phone cheaper. I read somewhere someone said when you send a phone to Apple they don't bother trying to fix it they just send refurbished one out, which is honestly what I was hoping to get it back quicker and it's like new.

Having seen the prices of the parts for the iPhones broken down it would be very worthwhile refurbishing them.
But Apple must first diagnose the fault, l feel fairly sure that these Handys are sent somewhere.
Customers get their refurbished Handys from a central point must point out l have no proof of this.
Also all the details are stored on the Big Apple Super Mac Somewhere.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.