What's new

Resetting a single app and not the whole iPhone?

Milly

Reaction score
There is an app that I'd like to reset (to make it the way it was when I first installed it), but I don't want to restore my iPhone itself... is this possible? The app is linked to the device (iPhone), which means that changing apple-id/re-installing it won't work. In other words, I have to make the app to be in the way it was when I first, ever, clicked on it so that it started.

I read that you can make a backup of what's on your phone in iTunes. Is it possible to do that and then restore everything on the phone (music, apps etc), except a single app?

There is an app that I'd like to reset (to make it the way it was when I first installed it), but I don't want to restore my iPhone itself... is this possible? The app is linked to the device (iPhone), which means that changing apple-id/re-installing it won't work. In other words, I have to make the app to be in the way it was when I first, ever, clicked on it so that it started.

I read that you can make a backup of what's on your phone in iTunes. Is it possible to do that and then restore everything on the phone (music, apps etc), except a single app?

Have really good news for you. It is very simple to do and I use this feature all of the time.

All you have to do is simply delete the Application and then reinstall it. When you delete an Application it automatically deletes all of the data associated with it.