What's new

replying to group text

Zeus661

Reaction score
If i send a text as a group text to ten people in my contact list and one replies to the text, how do I reply to just that person without my reply going back to the entire original group?

Thanks

In iOS the only way is to start a new text to just that person or click on your existing conversation.

I think you can just go into Settings-Messages and scroll to the bottom and turn off Group Messaging.

I think you can just go into Settings-Messages and scroll to the bottom and turn off Group Messaging.

Yes that makes sense but if you only got one response wouldn't it just respond to the one person? lol, I've never had group text. In the Seventies we had group.......oh, never mind.

LOL

If I am not mistaken when group messaging is turned on and you send a group text when people reply to it goes into that text you sent to everyone. So if you reply that everyone gets that message also. When it is turned off and someone replies it will not go into the group message but into a separate text conversation or if you already have a text conversation with that person it will just add to it.

Can you show a screenshot of this
Cant find it on my phone (IOS6)

$Screen shot 1.jpg$screen shot 2.jpg