What's new

Replacement

jmc6799

Reaction score
If I drop my iPhone or something brakes on it and I wanna a new one, will apple just give me a new one?

My cousins button on her phone broke and she took it to apple and they gave her a new one with no questions asked and she doesn't have apple care. Is this usual? Will they always do that?

Thanks in advance!dde03

If you drop your phone and they have reason to believe you dropped it they won't replace it. If something goes faulty and it is still under manufacturers warranty then yes they have to either repair the fault or replace. They have to do it by law.

If you drop the iPhone, you are going to damage the esthetic condition of the iPhone, Apple will not change the device for you because you have damage the esthetic condition of the iPhone.

So pretty much if you drop your phone n it cracked apple won't exchange it

They will only replace if there is a manufacture problem.

Actually ~ Apple sometimes, has a one time courtesy replacement offer. This used to be with the iPad but not so much anymore as folks apparently were just expecting it ~ the reports we get currently indicates this.

I have two friends, that I know personally, dropped their phone, one was very new, one was not. They were devastated. They went in, pretty much in tears and both got a replacement, brand new, a one time courtesy replacement.

This does not happen all the time if at all at your local store. You just never know. I know NO other company that would even consider giving us a brand new replacement for an item that clearly was our fault in damaging.

Pretty K00L.