What's new

Broken iPhone. Apple Store changes it. But what about jb?

newzed

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Here's my doubt:
I've been having my iPhone 4 for 3 year at least and a couple of days ago it fell and the glass on the front broke.
I called Apple Store and they told me they will replace my iPhone4 with a new one.
The fact is: if they (as surely will happen) will give me an iPhone4 with iOS 6.1.3 on, i will be kinda screwed with the jailbreak thing right?
Right now I really can't live without jb, the fact is that being a new iPhone I will not be able to perform a Downgrade, right?
You guys have any idea that might help me?
Tethered jb kinda sucks, don't wanna go through that everytime I switch off my iPhone :/
Thanks in advance :)

There' serially no way around it. If you take advantage of the generous Apple offer, you will get a refurbished iPhone with at least a 90 day warranty running on iOS 6.1.3 at no cost to you. If you want to keep your jailbreak, you'll have no choice but to have an independent repair shop fix the broken glass, with you paying the bill.
iOS 7 is due to be released quite soon, have you looked at it's features to see if it will satisfy you?

What does iOS7 have to do with my problem now? You mean i just have to wait for another firmware to come up, update my new iPhone and hope for the jb of that version

What does iOS7 have to do with my problem now? You mean i just have to wait for another firmware to come up, update my new iPhone and hope for the jb of that version
I was thinking that the new features of iOS 7 might fill your needs, that's all. If you do take Apple up on it's offer, you will have to update to iOS 7 and wait for the release of an iOS 7 jailbreak. If you have an independent repair shop fix you current iPhone, you will keep your present jailbreak and can wait until the release of an iOS 7 jailbreak before updating the iOS on your iPhone.

I am agree with Scifan57, you should have a look of new features of IOS7. It may be able to satisfy you after all you are having a chance to replace it with a new one. If you'll not satisfy with that, second option for jailbreaking your phone is always there.