What's new

Replacement phone has horrible battery life

lennie paz

Reaction score
My iPhone 4 had problems with the home button not working properly so Apple replaced the phone for me. I noticed when I got the phone at the Apple store that it came out of a plastic case instead of the factory packaging so I'm assuming it's a refurb. The battery life has been awful and the phone is usually dead by 9pm. My original phone would be at about 75% at around 9pm so something is definitely wrong. The phone is on FW 4.2.8 and I jailbroke it using jailbreakme. When I first connected it to iTunes, I did set it up as a new phone and didn't use a backup to restore it. Everything is EXACTLY the same on this phone as I had on the old phone,except that the old phone was jailbroken with greenpois0n and on FW 4.2.6.

lennie paz said:
My iPhone 4 had problems with the home button not working properly so Apple replaced the phone for me. I noticed when I got the phone at the Apple store that it came out of a plastic case instead of the factory packaging so I'm assuming it's a refurb. The battery life has been awful and the phone is usually dead by 9pm. My original phone would be at about 75% at around 9pm so something is definitely wrong. The phone is on FW 4.2.8 and I jailbroke it using jailbreakme. When I first connected it to iTunes, I did set it up as a new phone and didn't use a backup to restore it. Everything is EXACTLY the same on this phone as I had on the old phone,except that the old phone was jailbroken with greenpois0n and on FW 4.2.6.

I had the same issue with my phone except the guy at apple gave me a factory boxed phone. I was happy. Let the phone break itself in.

Here is what my battery life has been like after a couple weeks of letting it break in:

photo1-1.png

Here is what my son's phone is getting and we are both on the same firmware and both jailbroke our phone's:

photo-2.png

I think their replacement is a used-phone maybe one which has been fixed. But it seems wrong.

Here's the problem I face. I think I got lucky when the replacement phone was on firmware 4.2.8 which still allowed me to JB the phone. What if I take this one back and get one that is on 4.2.10 and I won't be able to JB it?

Has it got the original charger, the manuals and the other items?

Sorry,
I have to make 3 Posts
before Forum lets me 'start new thread'.
This is Post #3

Well, I just got back from the Apple store and they replaced the phone. Just my luck, the phone is on 4.2.10 so I am totally screwed. This phone is basically a paper weight now that I can't JailBreak it. I would rather have my Droid Incredible back now.

lennie paz said:
Well, I just got back from the Apple store and they replaced the phone. Just my luck, the phone is on 4.2.10 so I am totally screwed. This phone is basically a paper weight now that I can't JailBreak it. I would rather have my Droid Incredible back now.

Wow. That's hard to believe. You'll rather have the Droid because you can't jailbreak.