What's new

Replaced my broken backside with a not OEM. Warranty?

Ljunghusen

Reaction score
Hi i broke my backside so i replaced it with a white not OEM. Now a month later my phone is having some problems. I thought id just buy a new OEM backside, but i just realised the serial number is printed on the back. How should i solve this? :/

i think the screen where you can sync your iphone via itunes should have your serial #, phone #, and firmware version, if thats the same serial you are talking about

Yes sure I´ve got the serial number, but when i hand in my IP4 for repair they´ll probably see the backside is not original, and they wont fix it for free.. Thats the issue

Yes sure I´ve got the serial number, but when i hand in my IP4 for repair they´ll probably see the backside is not original, and they wont fix it for free.. Thats the issue

Apple care won't repair it. They will know you have replaced it with 3rd party parts. That's why apple doesn't sell "real" OEM parts so they can tell if it's been tampered with and the warranty voided.

Apple care won't repair it. They will know you have replaced it with 3rd party parts. That's why apple doesn't sell "real" OEM parts so they can tell if it's been tampered with and the warranty voided.

But isnt it possible for me to buy a new OEM one? I probably gonna have to hand my phone in tho to get it changed, and that wouldnt work ..

Apple doesn't sell OEM replacements. So not really sure what your best option would be. Maby you could put the old back on and see if you could get apple to repair it that way.. More than likely they will know if it was tampered with...

Apple doesn't sell OEM replacements. So not really sure what your best option would be. Maby you could put the old back on and see if you could get apple to repair it that way.. More than likely they will know if it was tampered with...

So if you´re saying that if you break the back glass you gotta buy a new phone?

They´re gonna say that the phone is dropped and the warranty is ruined, for sure ..

No I'm saying you can have apple repair the OEM glass at your expense. (they just exchange it for a refurbished one) it will be a bit pricy but atleast you keep the warranty.