What's new

Removing photo albums - even when synching to i-tunes please help

looblee1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have some photo's that trasnferred to my new iphone 4 when I synched it when I got it. As you are aware you can't now remove these from the phone directly only what is on your camera roll can be deleted on your phone. Even when I go to i-tunes and un check synch photo's it doesn't, I have tried a re-set, uploading the latest IOS but they are still there despite the photo's tab being unchecked so they shouldnt be synching.... they are taking up loads of precious memory. Help

I have been able to "fix" my same problem. I'm sure there are different ways to do this but here is how I did it. Find the folder on your computer that contains your iPhone photos that you sync with. Select everything in that folder and drag out of that folder into a new temp folder. Now sync your phone again to the original "empty" folder. All photos and albums will be gone off the phone after you sync. Now go back to the temp folder and select all your photos..not albums...and drag back into the original folder. Now sync your phone again. All your photos will be on your phone again in an album. You can create your own albums from your phone and add photos to them and edit them. That is what I did. A little time consuming but it works.

You have to keep "sync photos" checked and then deselect your photos in iTunes (uncheck all of them). Then when you sync they will be removed from your phone.