What's new

Removing notification on Settings icon

Hedgebeater

Reaction score
Settings icon on my iPhone 4s notified me of an update to IOS 8. It also tells me that I cannot install it because I don't have enough storage. I only have 8GB to begin with, so the update is a non starter. Not that I want to update anyway
My question is "How do I get rid of that annoying 1 that appears by the Settings icon?"

Settings icon on my iPhone 4s notified me of an update to IOS 8. It also tells me that I cannot install it because I don't have enough storage. I only have 8GB to begin with, so the update is a non starter. Not that I want to update anyway
My question is "How do I get rid of that annoying 1 that appears by the Settings icon?"

The only way to get rid of that annoying update button on your settings icon is to update the iOS on your iPhone, unfortunately; unless your iPhone is jail broken.

If you do the update through iTunes on your computer you won't have to free up all that storage space.

The only way to get rid of that annoying update button on your settings icon is to update the iOS on your iPhone, unfortunately; unless your iPhone is jail broken.

If you do the update through iTunes on your computer you won't have to free up all that storage space.
Many thanks for this tip. It has worked perfectly.