What's new

Removal of Headphone Jack From iPhone 7 All But Confirmed

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Rose gold iPhone 7 shell image leaks.JPG

BGR writes that several different news sources, including CNBC, the Wall Street Journal, and Reuters, have all posted very similar stories today stating that the only major change expected for the iPhone 7 is the removal of the headphone jack. Everything else will be simply “subtle changes” according to CNBC, including the same size of screens (4.7-inch and 5.5 inch).

However, CNET adds that there will be much bigger changes to the iPhone in 2017 to mark the iPhone’s 10th anniversary. If true, this would break with Apple’s tried and trusted pattern of a major iPhone upgrade every 24 months.

This all pretty much ties in with many other recent rumours about this year’s and next year’s iPhones, and BGR goes as far as to say that having three major news outlets all reporting very similar news sounds a lot like an official PR leak from Apple. Basically, Apple wants to prepare us to not expect too much from the iPhone 7, and also to get us used to the fact that the headphone jack really has been removed, despite this being a far from popular change.

Source: Confirmed: Apple is making only one, very dumb change to the iPhone this year

Does Apple do any research with its current users before making such a major change? Apparently not! This will be the dumbest thing Apple will have done to the iPhone in a LONG time.

I'm a weather guru and was so happy to hear years ago when Apple announced they were adding a barometric sensor in the iPhone 6. However I've only used that sensor as a "toy" maybe a dozen times in a year.

Aside from the lighting jack used for charging/sync, the second most connector I see everyone use is the headphone jack. I fly often, and almost everyone with an iPhone uses headphones plugged in listening to something. I did notice 2 people, using in the airport, Beats Audio headphones and didn't notice a cord connected to their phone.

Could this removal of the headphone jack be Apples way to push/sell their Beats Audio headphones? The last thing everyone needs is to have another device to recharge just to listen to music or podcasts.

The removal of the headphone jack would most likely stop me from buying any iPhone in the future. The 6S may be my last iPhone I purchase!

More info what's beats audio headphones never heard of it?
Got a link bitte

More info what's beats audio headphones never heard of it?
Got a link bitte

Don't worry just found some, l think Apple have forgotten the normal person with this move.
The prices are bloody stupid in my mind.
But price is relative or however the saying goes. But ln Germany 400€ for headphones no way mate. Carpet my flat for that much.